Their Mothers (on a scale of 1 to10)

Taketa Ume (Shota's mother)

43 years old during "Prisoner's Conviction"

An elegant woman with a similar mature appearance - dark orange hair and jade eyes

Having been born in a noble Athainian household with good ties to the Yasojiro family, Taketa was raised to be a prospective wife for them. Eager to achieve the status the Yasojiro family had, she did her best to become a queen of the social circles, earning the eye of the family. When she was married to Itsuki Yasojiro, she believed all her dreams to come true, but instead, she was horrified at his violent outbursts. In the beginning, she tried to protect her children from him, but when his violence turned to her, she practically threw them at him to survive. When it got really bad, she even began to hit them herself to prove herself on her husband's side and not worthy of being abused.

An elegant woman both in the past and current, Taketa was remarked to be a woman good at wagging her tongue. Whether it was to work her way up in social circles or to become engaged to such a distinguished family, the name stuck with her, and it only continued when her abuse of her children got out.

She is talented in embroidery, tea making, and other noble activities, including spreading gossip.

Her biggest hobby is gambling, though is poor at it, something that has contributed to the downfall of the Yasojiro family.

As a mother, Taketa is terrifying. She, in the beginning, was very nurturing, but when her abuse started, Shota was her main target. Since he would always protect her sister from her, he got the brute of it, but both of her children despised her just the same. Whereas Shota developed great aggression toward her, Nami goes into shock just seeing her.

As a wife, Taketa is decent. She prides herself on making her husband happy, even if doing it in the worst of ways. Part of the reason he was not expelled from the Yasojiro family was her persuading her father-in-law to forgive him. Regardless, even if she is hit by him, she still loves him and clings to him any way she can.

Fun fact: Taketa did her utmost to earn the highest honor an Athainian noble can achieve: a name from the queen, herself. Even when married to a Yasojiro, she was still rejected the honor, the queen calling her "a woman who doesn't know when to give up; whether for good or not".

Total: 2/10

Ichika Suzume (Takuya's mother)

50 years old during "Storm in a Teacup"

A highly attractive woman with many curves - flowing black hair and bright blue eyes

Born to a middle-class family, Ichika didn't need for anything, but she certainly wanted for. Her first idea to get rich was to work at a wealthy company, so she went to college with that aspiration. With average grades, she found it progressively difficult to apply for such a place. However, she was finally accepted into Miyahara Industries as a call center worker. Enraged by the entitled customers she had to play nice with, she thought of a second idea. Cuddling up to her supervisor, she was able to go to a company dinner with higher-ups. It was a surprise when Hideki Miyahara joined, but she didn't waste her chance. The next thing he knew, he found himself in bed with her, completely in the dark about what had happened. However, as a righteous man, he wanted to take responsibility and proposed to her. That was how Ichika became an extremely wealthy woman.

Many call Ichika a "gold digger" or a "whore" because of the way she ended up marrying her former boss and then openly cheating on him. They also note how stuck up she is and how prideful she is of the money her husband supplies for her.

Ichika is not particularly talented in anything.

Her greatest hobby is showing off her newest purchases, whether it includes an expensive set of jewelry, or Isao, himself. It gives her great pride to feel others' envy.