Chapter 12

TW Suicide Attempt

Sam's POV:

I was in the middle of chemistry when I felt my phone buzz. Luckily we were watching a movie so the classroom was dark. I then took out my phone and lowered the brightness. I then saw I had a text from Colby.

Sunshine☀️

Sam, please help me I'm in the Janitor's closet near my art class!

I was worried about why Colby was in the Janitor's closet. So I raised my hand and asked if I could go to the bathroom. My teacher, Mrs.Jones, nodded her head as I got up and left the classroom. I then began running down the hall as I made my way toward the Janitor's closet.

My eyes widened as I opened the door to see Colby in only his boxers as he cried while hugging his knees. "Baby, what happened?" I asked him. Colby looked at me and I saw his eyes were red from crying. "I-It was Hazel and her f-friends. I-I was walking to class when Hazel pulled me in h-here and she knocked my books to the floor. She t-then along with her friends began r-ripping my clothes to shreds," Colby sobbed as he looked at me.

"I'll be back baby, I'm going to get you your gym clothes ok?" I told him. Colby just nodded his head as he looked at me. I then ran to Colby's locker and took out his gym clothes. I then shut his locker and ran back to the closet. I then gave Colby his gym clothes and he right away put them on.

"Ok baby, class is about to end. I'll meet you at your locker as soon as the bell rings ok?" I told him. Colby nodded his head as I walked back to class. On the way back to class, I texted everyone to meet at Colby's locker after school. As soon as I got back, the bell rang so I then grabbed my belongings and went to my locker.

Third Person POV:

As soon as the bell rang, Colby grabbed his things and ran straight toward his locker. As soon as he got his stuff in his bag, he turned to see the guys waiting for him. "Hey Colbs," Tara greeted him as did the rest as well. "H-Hey guys," Colby softly greeted back. "Colby, why are you wearing your gym clothes?" Elton asked him.

Just then, Sam arrived and greeted everyone. "Now guys I know you're all wondering why Colby is wearing his gym clothes. Well, Colby will explain everything at his house," Sam told them. With that, everyone drove to Colby's house. Once they arrived, Colby explained everything that happened to him. Of course, everyone was pissed off.

"Don't worry Colbs, I'll fight her again tomorrow," Tara said. "T-Thanks, Tara," Colby softly thanked her. The rest of the day, Sam and the guys went to get Taco Bell while Colby and the girls stayed home. When Sam and the guys arrived, everyone got their food and began to watch a movie on Disney plus. "Oh babe, I almost forgot to tell you that we also got your mom some food too," Sam said as he held Colby's hand.

Colby thanked him and they continued watching the movie. That night Sam stayed overnight as the rest of the gang went home. Colby fell asleep happy that night. The rest of the week, Luke and Hazel haven't really picked on Colby that much. Which made Colby happy yet cautious of his surroundings.

Colby's POV:

The day of the dance finally arrived and I was both scared and happy for the night. I had just finished getting ready when the doorbell rang. I then grabbed my phone and ran downstairs. I opened the door to see Sam standing there wearing a black tux. "You look great sunshine," Sam said. "T-thanks so do you," I replied while blushing.

"Hold on, let me take some pictures," my mom said as she came with her camera. "Ok momma," I replied with a soft smile. After Sam and I were done with the pictures, we then got in his car and drove to the school dance.

Once we got there, Sam and I held hands and entered the building. Once inside, we saw Elton and the gang sitting at a table in the middle. So Sam and I walked our way toward them. "Hey guys looking good," Tara told us. We then thanked her as we sat down. After we all grabbed food and ate, we all talked and danced the night away. I was having the best night of my life. But of course, all good things must come to an end. Sam and I had just finished dancing through a slow dance and we were thirsty.

"Let's get something to drink, yeah?" Sam suggested. I nodded my head as we walked toward the food table. We were almost there when I was aggressively shoved into the table. I then crashed into the table knocking all the food and drinks onto me. Suddenly the music stopped and I looked to see everyone looking at me. "Next time watch where you're going, loser!" Luke said as everyone laughed at me.

"I don't know why you came clumsy, you should've just stayed at home," Hazel cackled. I then got up, grabbed my phone, and ran out of the gym. I then ran to the bridge that was close to the school. I then overlooked the bridge as I looked up. "I-I'm sorry dad," I apologized as tears slipped down my face. Suddenly my phone rang and I saw it was my mom.

C: Colby M: Mom

C: H-Hello momma.

M: Hi Colbaby, how's the party? Is the party over already?

C: N-No momma, I-I just left early (sniffle)

M: Sweetie is everything ok?

C: N-No momma everything is not ok. I was pushed into the food table and all the food and drinks fell onto me. Everyone stopped and laughed at me.

M: Oh baby, I'm so sorry that happened to you.

C: I'm sorry momma but I can't take it anymore. I can't handle the constant bullying and humiliation anymore.

M: Colby, sweetie, what are you saying?

C: I'm sorry momma but I think I might just end it (sobs)

M: Colbaby, listen to me, ok. Now, where are you?

C: I'm at the bridge near the school.

M: Colbaby, listen to me, just take deep breaths and relax ok?

C: I-I don't know momma

M: Colbaby listen to me. Colby?

(Hangs up)

I then hung up as I looked out the bridge. I then silently cried as I shakily thought about what I was going to do.