Chapter 2

Present

Colby's POV:

I was so nervous as I walked to my new school. Why am I nervous you may ask? Well, you see, I just transferred to my second school. Throughout my two years of high school, I was horribly bullied due to my small petite size. I was bullied by both girls and boys. In fact, it got so bad to the point I ended up getting jumped on my way home from school.

So now here I am walking into my new school, Kingston High. As I walked into the main office, the secretary looked up at me. "Oh, hello dear, you must be the new student, correct?" she asked me. I just nodded my head as she handed me my schedule and locker number. I then thanked her as I made my way to my locker.

Once I opened up my locker, I then grabbed my needed things for first-period Biology and made my way to class. After about ten minutes of searching, I was able to find the right class. I then opened the door and walked in.

Sam's POV:

I was in Ms.DeMartinez's class zoning out when the classroom door opened. I looked to see a small petite boy with brown hair and ocean-blue eyes. He was wearing white skinny jeans and a purple pastel oversized sweatshirt. I got to admit he was kinda cute.

"You must be the new student, correct?" Ms.DeMartinez asked. "Y-Yes ma'am, sorry for coming in late. I was looking for your class," the small boy apologized. "It's ok dear, now would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" she asked him. The boy simply nodded and looked at us while clutching his books really tight. "H-Hello, my name's Cole Brock but I prefer Colby. I-I hope to have a fresh new start."

"Ok, Cole, why don't you have a seat next to Sam, Sam?" I then raised my hand so the boy can see me. Once he did, he made his way toward me and sat down next to me. Having him sit next to me kinda made us look like polar opposites. Him wearing his cute bright clothes while I'm wearing black jeans with rips at the knees, a white t-shirt, and a black leather jacket.

"Hey, I'm Sam," I greeted. "H-Hi," he whispered. I softly smiled at his cuteness. "Want to join me and my friends during lunch?" I asked him. "O-ok, sure," he softly replied.

Time Skip

Colby's POV:

So far my day has been going well. Right now, I'd just gotten changed into my gym clothes when three boys came toward me and pinned me against the lockers. "So new kid, I'm Luke and these guys are my friends Leo and Jack. We just want to 'welcome' you to our school," Luke smirked.

I was scared and confused by what he meant by 'welcoming' me. My eyes widened as I was held back by Jack and Leo. Luke then raised his fist about to punch me when suddenly, "Hey Luke." I then looked to see Sam standing there with an annoyed look on his face.

"What now Golbach?" Luke said while rolling his eyes at him. "Don't you see I'm 'welcoming' the new kid?" "Look Luke, just leave the poor boy alone huh?" Sam said. Before Luke could say anything, coach Handerson came and called us to go to class. Luke and his friends let me go scoffing as they shoved passed me.

"Hey, are you ok?" Sam asked me with worry in his voice. I just nodded my head as I looked at him. "Come on, let's get to class," Sam said as he took my hand and led me out to the bleachers.

Time Skip

It was now lunchtime and I was at my locker putting my things away when I heard a slam next to me. I jumped as I turned to see Sam leaning against the lockers. "Oh, Sam you scared me," I said as I placed a hand on my heart. "Oh sorry," he apologized. "I-it's fine," I replied. "Well, you ready to go?" Sam asked me. I nodded my head as I shut my locker.

Sam and I grabbed our lunches and made our way to his table. "Hey guys, this is Colby he just transferred to our school." Everyone soon waved at me as I waved back. "Colby, this is, Elton, Corey, Jake, Tara, and Devyn," Sam introduced while pointing at them. We then sat down and I right away got along with the girls.