Chapter 3

Sam's POV:

As soon as we sat down, Colby right away got along with the girls. "So Colby, what brings you to our school?" Elton asked. Colby then began playing with his sweatshirt sleeves as he looked down. "Well, I actually transferred because in my old school I was constantly getting bullied by both boys and girls about my small petite size. It got so bad to the point that I ended up getting jumped on my way home from school." The gang and I were shocked to hear what Colby had been through.

"Were your parents aware of the bullying?" Devyn asked. "Well only my mom knew since I live with her," he replied. "What about your dad?" Corey asked. " Well, my dad passed away when I was thirteen due to cancer. Since then it's just been me and my mom."

"Oh, we're so sorry," Elton replied. "It's ok really," Colby replied with a small smile on his face. Soon enough the bell rang and it was time to get to class. We all departed and made our way to class.

Colby's POV:

As soon as I got home, I immediately made dinner for me and my mom. Afterward, I did my homework while listening to music. I was putting my stuff into my bag when my mom got home. "Hi momma," I greeted as I got up and kissed her cheek. "Hello dear, how was school today?" she asked me.

"It was good, I even made friends," I replied. "That's good sweetie," my mom smiled at me. "Oh, momma I made dinner for the two of us," I told her as I went and served her plate. "Oh honey, thank you so much. I don't how ended I up with such a sweet and caring son like you," my mom told me. "It's the least I can do momma," I replied as I sat down in front of her with my plate. After dinner, I then washed mine and my mom's utensils and made my way upstairs to get ready for bed.

Next Day

I woke up and wore black skinny jeans and a black and white striped long-sleeve shirt and my black converse. I then grabbed my bag and phone and grabbed an apple as I kissed my mom goodbye. I was nervous yet happy about going to school.

Once I got to school, I realized I had arrived fifteen minutes early so I made my way to my locker and pulled out my phone as I scrolled through social media. As I was scrolling, my phone was yanked from my hands. I looked to see Luke smirking as he held my phone. "Luke, can I please have my phone back?" I asked him with slight annoyance in my voice.

"You want your phone then come and get it," he taunted as he raised my phone up. "Come on Luke, give it back!" I said as I kept jumping to get my phone. At this point, Jack and Leo arrived and they laughed at what was happening. "Luke, give me back my phone!" I exclaimed. Luke then smirked, "hmm how about no." Luke then threw my phone onto the floor. I then tried to grab it but was held back by Jack and Leo.

"You know loser, are you even a boy 'cause you seem like a girl to me?" Luke said as the others snickered. "I-I am a boy!" I snapped at him. "Are you sure about that Colleen?" My eyes widened as I felt myself turn red from embarrassment. "Luke what did I say?!" I then look to see Sam and the gang with angry looks on their faces.

Sam's POV:

Since we met at Corey's locker, I realized we still had time before class. "Since we still have time before class, do you guys want to chill at my locker?" I asked them. "Sure brother," Jake replied. We were on our way to my locker when we all saw Colby getting picked on by Luke and his friends.

"You know loser, are you even a boy 'cause you seem like a girl to me?" Luke taunted as Jack and Leo were snickering. "I-I am a boy!" Colby snapped at him. "Are you sure about that Colleen?" Luke smirked. Ok that's it I thought to myself. "Luke what did I say?!" I shouted at him.

"Really Golbach? I can never have fun with this wimp without you interfering," Luke responded as he rolled his eyes at me. "Let him go, Luke," Elton told him. "Consider yourself lucky this time Colleen," Luke snarled as Jack and Leo shoved Colby to the floor. "Are you ok?" I asked him as Colby got up and grabbed his phone. "I-I'm fine thanks," Colby replied.

"What happened?" Corey asked him. Colby then explained how he was on his phone but Luke came and grabbed it from him and how he was forced to jump for it. Then Luke threw his phone on the ground as Leo and Jack held him back as Luke was taunting him. Just then the warning bell rang. "Well we better get to class," I said. Everyone nodded as they left. I then grabbed Colby's hand as I led us to my locker. As soon as I got my things, I then grabbed Colby's hand and laced our fingers together.

On our way to class, I saw a small blush appear on his face making me softly chuckle. Once we got to class, I let go of his hand and we made our way to our seats. I decided that then and there I was going to protect this little bean.

Time Skip

Colby's POV:

It was now lunchtime and I was putting my things away. "Hey, Loser!" I then look to see Luke and his friends coming my way. I then shut my locker and ran toward the cafeteria. As I entered the cafeteria, I accidentally bumped into someone knocking their lunch onto them. My eyes widened as I realized it was Hazel. Hazel and her friends Emma and Ava were the popular girls at Kingston High.

"Look what you did you clumsy ass bitch!" She snapped at me. "I-I'm sorry. I-I'll help you clean up," I offered. "No! You'll probably make it worse!" she once again snapped at me. "Just for that," Hazel then snapped her fingers as Emma and Ava each grabbed their milk cartons and threw them at me. Splashing milk all over my face and clothes.

Immediately the cafeteria was filled with laughter. "Just so you know, this was just the beginning," Hazel threatened. I then ran from the cafeteria and made my way toward the bleachers. I then went under the bleachers, sat down, and hugged my knees as I silently cried. I should've known that I would never get away from the bullying.