16. Let her out

"You can't let the mistake of the past, determine your future"

---

Diego let out a groan as he regained consciousness, he grunted as he lifted his head up from the floor "Shit" he said with a sigh, putting his hand on the back of his head as he looked at Five and Jane that was sitting by the bar.

"Good, you're up. Ready for a drink now?" Five asked and Diego's eyes widened before he jumped onto his feet, looking around, trying to spot Hazel "Where is he?" he asked "We let him go" Jane said "You what?" Diego asked, taking some steps towards them.

"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop" Five said but Diego bent down, grabbing his knife off the floor "Hey, he didn't kill Patch. His partner Cha-Cha did" Five said "So what? They were both there that night" Diego said "This half of the partnership gave us both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene" Jane said "Hazel came here for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on" Five said "Not a chance" Diego said "Suit yourself" Five said before he grabbed Delores and jumped off his chair.

"By the way, Jane is gonna live here at the Academy" Five said and Diego looked at Jane "Well, for me, you are more than welcome to stay, as long as you want. Maybe we can do some knife throwing competitions" Diego said "That sound fun" Jane said and Diego nodded before sending her a smile.

"You can take the room next to mine, it's empty" Five said and Jane nodded before she grabbed her bag "Welcome to the family, Jane" Diego said "Just because I'm living here doesn't make me a member of the family" Jane said "One day, you will be" Diego said with a smile and she left the room.

"I am curious. Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?" Five asked "A lot of things. Cute butt. Nice legs" Diego answered "Anything a little more profound than that?" Five asked "She believe in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always saw the good inside" Diego said "Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory" Five said before he turned around and was about to walk out of the room.

"Five?" Diego asked and Five turned around "What?" he asked "What do you like about Jane?" Diego asked "What do you mean?" Five asked "There must be a reason you fell in love with?" Diego asked "I'm not in love with her" Five said "Yeah, you are. I can see it in your eyes" Diego said and Five let out a sigh "What is it with her that made you fall in love?" Diego asked.

"She is smart, funny, beautiful, she is strong, brave and a badass" Five said "Anything else?" Diego asked "Well, she tried so hard to act like a careless bitch. She always have her guards up, but once she let her guards down, she is actually a caring, sweet and wonderful woman. She cares, but she don't show it. She know her values and she always stick to it. She always say what's on her mind and she's not afraid to stand up for her opinion, even if she stand alone and once she have decided something, nothing can talk her out of it. She never seems to give up or admit she is scared, and even in the darkest situation, she never lose hope, she keep fighting, she keep getting up. And her eyes, they make the stars look like they're not shining and everytime I look at them, I get lost, and when I'm just near her, I feel like all my problems and pain are gone and I don't have to worry about anything. And her smile and laugh, light up my world and even in the darkest time, she can always made me smile. And also no matter what I have done or said, she have always being right by my side, supporting me in everything and that was one of the reason I fell in love with her. I saw the woman behind the mask. I saw the light in her darkness" he said "Whoa, you love her" Diego said and Five let out a small nod "I do" he said but then he shook his head before blinking a few times with his eyes "No, I don't love her" he said before he turned around "Are you sure about that? Because it sound like it" Diego said as Five left.