9. Drunk as a skunk

"You should never jugde someone before you get to know them"

---

Flashback starts...

"Okay, that was another job done" Jane said as she took off her helment before she put it in her bag "And faster than last time" Five said "Yeah. So we still have a few hours before we have to be back" Jane said "Yeah and I have a plan" he said and she looked at him "What do you mean?" she asked and he grabbed her hand before blinking away.

It was raining and it was dark when they appeared outside "Five what are we doing here?" she asked "Turn around" he said and Jane turned around before her eyes widened.

"But Five, that was the orphanage I used to live at. Why did you take me here?" she asked before she turned her head to look at him.

I will fight
I will fight for you
I always do until my heart
Is black and blue

"Today is 2. October 1989 and exactly in a few minutes, your biological mother will arrive with you in a basket, putting you right in front of the door of the orphanage" he said "I haven't told you the exact time I was dropped off. I don't even know it" she said "I have came here for the past couple of days, timing it" he said "Why?" she asked "Well, you said you always wanted to meet your real mom, and now you have the chance. The chance to ask her about that question you have being dying to ask her. Why she left you" he said.

And I will stay
I will stay with you
We'll make it to the other side
Like lovers do

"Why?" she asked "Because I care about you" he said and she let out a smile "Because you are my partner in crime. My friend" he said.

I'll reach my hands out in the dark
And wait for yours to interlock
I'll wait for you
I'll wait for you

"You know that is risking doing this. The Commission wouldn't be happy" she said "Only if they finds out" he said and she looked at him "Beside, we still have hours to kill before we have to return" he said.

'Cause I'm not givin' up
I'm not givin' up, givin' up, no, not yet
Even when I'm down to my last breath
Even when they say there's nothin' left

"So all we have to do now is wait" he said before he walked over to sit on a closed dumpster bin. Jane smiled before she sat next to him.

So don't give up on
I'm not givin' up
I'm not givin' up, givin' up, no, not me
Even when nobody else believes
I'm not goin' down that easily
So don't give up on me