6. Opening up

"It hurt to know someone you love is hurting and there is nothing you can do. All you can do is let them know you are there and you love them"

 All you can do is let them know you are there and you love them"

---

Flashback start...

"Do you really think that you are the only one broken here" Jane said angry as she was looking at Five "Do you really think that you are the only one that have lost people" she said "You have no idea what loss is" he said "Yes I do. You are not the only broken one here" she said "Then tell me" he said but she looked down "Jane, I can't know what is going on until you tell me" he said "I don't want you to see me as weak" she said "I promise, there is nothing you can say or do that will made me think that you are weak, you are the strongest person I know" he said and she looked up at him "We are friends right" he said and took a step closer to her "My partner in crime and my friend" he said in Geek "My partner in crime and my friend" she repeated.

She took a deep breath before she pulled up her left sleeve to revealed a old cut on her wrist.

Five's eyes widened when he saw the cut and he blinked over to her, so they were inches apart "Who did this? I will kill them" he said as he lifted her arm to look closer at the cut.

"I did it" she said, causing him to lift his head and look at her "What?" he asked "I did it to myself. A long time ago" she said "Why?" he asked and she took some steps back before turning her back to him "I can see something is wrong" he said "Nothing is wrong, I'm fine" she said "You're not fine. You're obviously displaying symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder which absolutely makes sense" he said, taking a step closer to her "I can help you. Tell me what's wrong" he said.

"Why do you care?" she asked "Because I care about you and I can't handle see you in pain" he said "Stop it. Stop doing that. Stop being you" she said "I can't help it" he said "Yes, you can" she said and as she turned around to look at him his eyes widened, for the first time, he could see the tears in her eyes.

I never thought that You would be the one to hold my heart
But you came around
And you knocked me off the ground from the start

"You think you know what's going on, but you don't" she said, sobbing. "Well, then explain it to me, Jane. Because all...all I know is that my friend is hurting and when I see her in pain, I just want it to make it stop" he said and her eyes widened "Please Jane, let me in" he said worried "You wouldn't understand" she said before she looked down "Try me" he said but she shook her head. "If you are afraid that I will leave you. You are wrong, you are my friend and I care about you a lot" he said.

Five could see that Jane was hurting and she was in lot of pain and it hurt him knowing that she was hurting and there was nothing he could do to make it stop, other than being there for her.