11. Meeting with The Handler

"Some people think that to be strong is to never feel the pain. In reality, the strongest people are the one's who feel it, understand it and accept it"

 In reality, the strongest people are the one's who feel it, understand it and accept it"

---

Jane was sitting in the backseat, her bag next to her while Luther and Five was sitting in the front seat as Luther stopped the car at the place where they were going to be meeting Hazel and Cha-Cha.

Both Jane and Five took off their seatbelts and they looked around as silence filled the car.

Jane and Five let out a sigh "You know, we never enjoyed it" Five said "What?" Luther asked, turning to Five "The killing" Five said before turning to look forwards "I mean, we were...we were good at our work, and we...we took pride in it" he said before he look at Luther again "But it never gave us pleasure" he said "I enjoyed it for some time and didn't care who I killed, after losing two people I cared about, I just shut out my emotions, went on a killing spree. But after a long time like that, I look at myself to see I have turned into a monster and I never enjoy killing again" Jane said before letting out a sigh.

Five then looked back forwards again "I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind" he said "Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's being alone that breaks you" Luther said before he looked down at the briefcase "You think they'll buy it?" he asked before he started messing with the briefcase on the center console.

"Well, what we do know is that they're desperate" Five said "It's like a cop losing his gun. If The Commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit" Jane said "Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back" Five said "Well, I should hold onto it" Luther said "Hm" Five said "In case they make a move on you both" Luther said "Okay, Luther, but be careful" Five said.

Then they heard a car approaching "There they are" Jane said as they saw a car come driving down the hilled road "Here we go" Five said and Jane grabbed her bag before the three stepped out of the car.

When they got out, Jane jumped up to sit on the trunk of the car.

The car drove past them before stopping not far away and Five let out a sigh before he walked over to Luther "If this goes sideways, do me a favor and tell Delores I'm sorry" he said "It's a damn mannequin" Jane mumbled.

The sound of car doors opened was heard and the three of them look over at Hazel and Cha-Cha getting out of the car.

"Let's gets this over with" Jane said as she jumped down from the trunk before her and Five started walking towards Cha-Cha and Hazel.

"Are you okay with seeing her again?" Five asked and Jane nodded, knowing he was talking about The Handler "I will be fine, it's not like she can take anymore away from me, except you" she said, looking at him "And don't worry, I wouldn't let her or anything take me away from you" he said "Same. I wouldn't let anyone or anything take me away from you" she said.