☂︎︎ 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 | 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐲

nicky harper had been dating madison, or otherwise known as 'the but-ter.'

y/n l/n, his best friend, knew something wasn't right. that's why she was spying on her right now.

she was babbling on about how cute nicky was to the popular kids but as soon as there was no more people around, her face went cold.

"ugh, nicky is so annoying. he's just to nice," the others laugh.

"so how's our bet going?" hamilton asks.

"great, he totally thinks i actually like him," y/n quietly gasps.

"he's gonna be so heartbroken when you humiliate him at the winter dance next week," lacey says.

"i know, it will be hilarious," y/n scoffs.

"i knew it," she whispers to herself before walking to class.

~

"nicky!" he turns.

"oh, hey, y/n," he smiles.

"i have to tell you something," she says.

"what's up?"

"madison doesn't really like you, she's planning to humiliate you at the dance," y/n sighs.

"y/n, just because madison isn't the sweetest person in the world, doesn't mean she's evil,"

"are you kidding me? she is evil!" y/n shouts.

"you know what? you're just jealous! because you've never been in a relationship!" y/n chuckles.

"well, i'm sorry that i was just trying to look out for you,"

"i don't want your help, y/n! i like madison! why can't you just accept that?"

"because she doesn't care about you!"

"what do you know?" y/n tenses.

flashback

y/n and her sibling, s/n, were arguing in the kitchen.

"y/n, why can't you be like our cousin? she's actually mature!"

"maybe because i don't wanna be perfect all the time!"

"well, you should!"

"i should be pressured into being perfect?"

"c/n isn't pressured!"

"yes, they are!"

"what do you know?"

"clearly more than you!" and with that, s/n name was out the door, little did y/n and her family know, she would never be back.

end of flashback

"clearly nothing.." y/n walked away as a single tear rolled down her cheek. that was when nicky knew, he screwed up.