Collectors

This is gonna be a sorta long chapter

Just a warning for more heart strain on their relationship sorry not sorry!

———————————————————

3rd POV

Dream had made up with Lucienne and was now discussing the matter at hand. Earthquakes were occurring and causing cracks in the foundation of the realm. The two shared theories and explanations but came to no conclusion other than Rose.

Before he could leave, Loosh tapped the table to get his attention "My lord?, have you apologized to her majesty?". His body screeched to a stop, "..I don't know how I could possibly, I said something not even a demon would dare say to her. She'll never forgive me". Loosh placed a supporting hand on his shoulder, "She'll come around. Just try not to make things worse" she smiled. He nodded and left the library with Mathew trailing behind.

Meanwhile the queen played with a few Dream nymphs near the rivers. "And then he said I was just there for show!" She yelled angrily as one of nymphs brushed out her curls. "Oh honey you did the right thing leaving" she snapped her fingers, "I did?, I feel I was bit a harsh. He's been under a lot of stress lately and I mean I was practically unconscious for most of it so maybe Gault did deserve what happened but..but Loosh didn't".

The creatures splashed water at eachother laughing merrily as they did. "What do you all think? Should I forgive him?", they all paused momentarily and focused on their ruler. "Is he worthy of your forgiveness?" One asked, Amaris thought about it for a few moments. "I hope so..as long as he doesn't do anything else bad I could forg—" her head whirled around "Did you all feel that?". The nymphs made noises of confusion, "She's here!, I gotta go but thanks for the advice girls!" Amaris hopped off of her chair and ran towards the open fields.

Amaris POV

I felt Rose arrive, her energy is close but where could she— when did that house get built?. In the distance was a very modern looking house, I don't recall Dream ever making that. I walked towards it cautiously, the ground had large cracks that seemed to be coming from the house. Is this what's been causing the earthquakes? If so why?.

She entered the home and heard a familiar voice. "Lyta, you remember I told you about Lord Morpheus, the King of Dreams" it was Rose's, wait Dream is here too? What are they doing in this strange place?. I didn't realize I was in their line of sight until Rose motioned towards me, "And The Angel of Love, Queen of Dreams".

3rd POV

Amaris gave a small and slightly awkward wave to the two mortals before walking towards Dreams direction. "Morpheus" she addressed him, his eyes grew a bit. Never in all the time she had known him has she ever called him by his mortal given name. "My love I-", she held up her hand "Save it". Rose furrowed her brows "Are-Are you two fighting?", "No sweetie", "No" the two immortals said at the same time.

"What do you want?" Lyta asked interrupting the oddly domestic fight, "He wants us to leave" A man, who was Lyta's husband in life, spoke. All three women stared at him shocked, Dream could already tell this wasn't gonna end well for him. It took a Amaris a second to figure it out but when she sensed the man had no heart she understood,..he was dead and could not by law stay here.

"Why?" Rose asked, "Because a ghost cannot escape his fate by hiding in the Dreaming" Dream explained "Nor can a living human being escape her grief here". The woman looked ready to burst down crying but Dream went on "Do you not see the damage your presence has done to our realm?I cannot allow you to stay", Amaris felt empathy for the now parting couple. "Is there anything we can do?" the husband asked.