Captured

Chapter 2: Captured

Amaris POV

"Are you sure it's safe to go, you could always send Lucienne or me" I handed my husband his helm, "No the last thing I want is for one of you to be hurt" he patted his side pocket to make sure he had his sand. "At least let me come with you, please" I placed my hand on his chest, he shook his head and held my hand in his.

With the other he caressed my cheek "I will be back soon, I promise", he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips. Lips a bit cold but not in an uncomfortable way, instead it was refreshing. Soft as petals and as sweet as sugar. "Be careful" I whispered, he smiled holding my chin with his thumb "I always am". He looked down and placed something in my hand.

It was his ring, the thing that bonded us together. It gave us the ability to sense where the other was and if they were ok. "Keep it safe till I get back, I don't want to lose it", He then slipped on his helm, poured a bit of his sand and was gone. "How long do you think he'll take?" Lucienne asked, "A few minutes at most, probably less" I smiled.

~ 25 years later(in the human realm)~

"My queen shouldn't Lord Morpheus be back by now?" Lucienne asked, i pursed my lips. "You know how he hates being rushed when he's working, Corinthian is no doubt keeping him busy, but just in case..Jessmay, Eros can go check up on him please and give him this" I asked the raven and my dove while handing Eros the ring . They nodded and flew up into one of the tapestries.

Morpheus POV

I sat in my glass cage like a animal on display. Captured by these vile mortals, they took everything from me. My helm, my ruby, my sand, my freedom and oddly enough my clothes. I haven't said anything in years, even after they promised to let me go I still stayed silent. Humans never keep their promises, especially not this one. Roderick Burgess, a wealthy man with an alright son, Alex.

I've watched him grow up in fear of his violent father, merely even considered his son, more like his servant. A few weeks ago he promised to let me out, I felt how sorry he was for me. I almost believed him until his father caught us. I don't know what his punishment was but it must have been grave since I haven't seen him in days. Now I sit alone again, only wondering one question- Why hasn't she come for me?.

I shouldn't have left my ring, now my only connection to her is in our realm. I don't even she miss- *CRASH* "Fire!" I could hear screams from upstairs, what is going on?. If the fire burns the place down, the glass with shatter and I will be able to use my magic. I could hear someone..or something coming down the stairs.

I thought it was probably Roderick Burgess wondering if I'll talk, but no instead I saw Jessamy..and Eros!. She knows I'm missing, or she's just checking up either way I can finally return home. I noticed something shiny in Eros's beak, my ring, she sent it.