Through the years

A chapter on what happened with Dream during Amaris and Mathews little trip down ✨memory lane✨

I'm gonna skip a few parts

Also sorry for any spelling errors

Let the suspicion..I MEAN SHOW! begin
———————————————————

Amaris POV

We finally finished helping loosh out, Mathew decided to stay longer to talk to her which was fine since I had some stuff to do.

I think Dream said something about fixing up his study, with his current mood maybe I should clean it as a gift. I began by organizing the books then moved on to gathering his papers.

As I was putting away one of them a pink thing dipped out and glided to the flower. "What the?" I asked while bending down to pick it up, it was a flower. What is this doing in here? I inspected the flower closer and almost shrieked. There's now way!How did?!Did he?!. Dream has some explaining to do!!!

Dream's POV

My older sister, Death, found me sulking on a bench in a human park. She practically begged for me to go with her on her sprees. "And one for my brother please" I heard her tell the man at the fruit vendor, "None for me" I stated loudly. She turned to me in disbelief "You'll just have it later", I gave her a serious look that very clearly showed I was uninterested.

"Just one" her tone sounded disappointed, the man picked an apple and..wiped it on his shirt smiling and saying it was free as he handed it to her. I tilted my head and took a step forward. I always hated it when other would flirt with my siblings, well except for Desire only because I knew they enjoyed it.

She returned to my side enjoying the apple, "What a bite?" She held it up to my mouth. "No thank you" I declined, I watched as she took another bite. "You are good with them", "What apples?". I smiled at her query "Humans".

Our conversation did not last long since we lost focused to a familiar piece of music. In a small apartment, alone, sat an old man playing the violin. It was his time, "Do you know who I am?" She asked instead of just offering her name. He stared at her for a few moments until the realization set in.

"No please, not yet" he pleaded, they always do. He asked her to let him do one thing to which she allowed him to pray. He asked us if we believed in heaven, my sister smiled at me before saying "Oh he knows heaven better than any of us. You'll love it up there, promise". I stepped into the next room as she brought out her large wings and flew him away.

I am the only one in my family, besides my sister, who has been to heaven. A truly beautiful place to be, it's so peaceful. There's no fear, pain or sadness, all of those feelings just disappear as soon as you get there. Death soon returned saying we could leave.

We spent the day helping different people through the transition of the ending of their life; old, young, married, single, good and bad - not that there's such thing. It did not matter who they were, we helped them all.

I felt bad for one in particular, the man died before he could talk to his wife. She had no idea he was gone until they dragged him out of the water. He didn't get to tell her he wasn't coming back or that he loved her. It was all too similar to my situation.

"How's Mari doing?" Death asked nudging my arm, "Good. Have you seen her?". She began to shake her head but then held up a finger. "Mm actually she came to the family dinner but she wasn't herself, the flowers in her hair were dead and she dressed as depressing as you do..no offense. Even desire found it woefully painful to see", I frowned feeling it was my fault.