Reunited

Thank you all for reading!
I will update every 1-2 days

———————————————————

Amaris POV

"My lady, it's time to wake up" A familiar voice entered my ears, slowly my eyes opened. Sunshine shone through the window of the room, where am I?Who am I?. A lady who looked like someone I feel I know stood beside my bed. My bed?Wait I rember this room, this is my room.

The women beside me is one of my most trusted friends, "Lucienne?What am I doing here?Did something bad happen?" My voice was hushed and hoarse from years of being unable to use it. Lucienne slipped her hand in mine, "I assure you everything is fine, more than fine for I have a bit of news". I feel..admiration and platonic love, towards me and..that's not right..it can't be. "He's returned my Queen, Lord Morpheus is alive!" She beamed excitedly, my brain was still trying to process my past memories but this made everything return.

My joy, my tears..my sacrifice. "Is this real?"She helped me into a sitting position and nodded. "He's in the throne room, I've prepared your clothes", I looked over to a manikin.

I remember having that dress made, I wore it when we held Eros and Jessmay's funeral

I remember having that dress made, I wore it when we held Eros and Jessmay's funeral. Lucienne helped me dress, a role she took on when the palace staff left. Everything looked so new, when I was in the bubble all I saw was constant light. It was silent, dead silent. I hated being in there but I knew if I didn't the world would collapse. "Would you like to see him now?" She asked, I nodded still disoriented.

I wasn't understanding anything happening, still convinced this is nothing more than a fantasy. She held my arm as we walked down the long halls, parts of the ceilings and walls laid broken on the floor. "I found him yesterday in the outfields, he pulled you from the library and insisted I stay by your side while he inspected the damage" she explained, "Oh?" Was all I could muster.

We approached the throne room doors, I stopped abruptly not wanting to go in. "He's waiting for you" she assured me but I shook my head. I didn't want to believe her, didn't want to be disappointed when I realized that I was just imagining this entire thing. Though I suppose there's no other way around it, my eyes swelled from the floor to Lucienne. "I'm ready" I whispered, the corners of her mouth turned up.

She pushed open the doors and stepped out he way to let me through. He can't be alive, not after all this time. I wanted to turn back until I saw a figure staring at the shattered murals. Fluffy black hair, pale skin and a long black coat. "Dream?!" I shouted, he turned with equal shock in his face. Seeing him was all it took for my strength to return, my heart had been recharged along with my body. I broke out into a run as did her, our arms open and welcoming towards each other.

When we finally reached each other, he placed his hands on my hips and swung me into a hug. Not just any hug, a hug overflowing with love and longing. Tears flowed down my face as they did his, as soon as he released me I grabbed his face and kissed him. My hands slipping into his hair while his found their way back to my waist. We both pulled away softly gasping, "I missed you" he smiled.