The sound of her wings

Thinking about dying my hair pink, might do it idk
🤷🏽
Anywho in this chapter Amaris will be telling Mathew about how Dream and her got together so..brace yourself

———————————————————

I stood in the library helping Loosh put away the books a few dreamers had left out. Dream rushed passed me in a hurry, his head and eyes faced downwards. His expression told me something was wrong, "My king?Something the matter?" I called after him.

He stopped and turned confusingly looking around as if he didn't know where he was. "Yes I'm fine, I have some things to take care of on earth" he continued forward, "Want me to come with?". He waved his hand "No no I'd like to be alone for a while please, Love you!", and with that he walked out the door.

I didn't find it too odd for him wanting to be alone, even I need alone time now and then. I resumed organizing until Mathew flew in and landed on the shelf next to me. "Where's Lord Morpheus going?" He asked, "I'm not sure, probably to sulk about something you know how he is" I joked.

"So..can I finally hear the story on how the two of you got together, you did say you rejected him. How did you two work out?" He landed on my shoulder, "I suppose I have time for that, all right. Let's go some place else my feathered friend" I waved my hand making the rest of the books float back to their original shelves.

I lead us to another room with a giant globe in the middle of it. "What is this place?" Mathew looked around, "I bring the children of this realm here to remember their happiest memories, the globe can you take you back in time and let you relive it. Or you can watch a memory like a show on tv" I explained.

"I'll just have us be there and watch. I don't want to relive any of this" I mumbled the last part as I walked up to the giant sphere. I put my hands on it and spun it hard while thinking of a specific memory. The globe spiraled as the room changed to fit the setting of my memory, we soon stood in a meadow.

Flowers bloomed and in the near distance children chased each other while their parents worked the fields. "Peculiar are they not?" A deep and mellow voice commented beside me, I turned my head to see Dream when he was..younger?. His hair was crazy and everywhere, his cloak laid black and silky on his body. His chest was slightly exposed with his ruby shining in the sun. I recall how I thought he looked like a walking corpse.

I remembered everything I said to him, "Yes they are, beautiful creatures upon a beautiful planet". He hummed and frowned "Let's just hope it lasts", I sighed and nodded. Right this was after the last earth was destroyed by him not stopping the vortex, I laid my hand on his arm just as I did so long ago.

His the corners of his mouth turned upward, "It was not your fault Dream, besides that world was bound to be destroyed regardless. You merely saved the creator time, not that time means anything to him" I giggled. His chest went in as he let out a small chuckle. He patted my head smiling, "Always looking on the bright side, it's one of the things I enjoy about your company".

His smile faulted as his his trailed past mine, I followed his eye-line to see what grabbed his attention. I'm the near distance I watched a man hauling a sack over shoulder and waving joyfully to the children. "Isn't that the man you've been..fraternizing with?" Dream asked with a hint of a snarl.

I nodded absentmindedly, I can't believe what I was seeing. It really was him, "His name is Adonis, he's a sea captain who deals in transport and trade". Dream scoffed "Humans never change when it comes to separation. They're all the same species and yet they divide the lands only allowing certain things to come in and out. Don't you find that..unnecessary?" Dream glanced down at me.

I shrugged not able to take my eyes off my old lover, "You seem..distracted by this human. You know relations with them never work out". I felt the anger I had back then rise to my heart, "Just because your human rejected you doesn't mean love with them is impossible". I had struck a nerve, "I'm just suggesting you be with someone of your stature, someone who won't die. You know how fragile humans are".