Kabanata 15

Avoid***

Avoid
***

Is this faux relationship really worth a friendship?

"Gus, aren't you going overboard?" The thought of him giving importance to my well being brought a warm feeling to my chest. It feels like warm sunshine after long months of winter.

But I also don't want him to cut ties with people who did nothing but love him...

Yumuko ako nang hindi siya sumagot.

"Kiersteine is nice." I saw that part of her during our games kanina. She's jolly and we could've been friends if not because of that jealousy of hers. "Wala naman siyang ginagawang masama sa 'yo." Sino na lang ba ako para ipagpalit niya sa isang kaibigan na wala naman masamang intensiyon para sa kanya. I'm just a fake girlfriend, ni hindi pa nga ganoon kalalim ang pinagsamahan namin.

I won't be hypocrite by saying na okay lang ang ginagawa ni Kier sa akin, but she was only acting from her emotions. Hindi ba sobrang laki naman yata ng friendship na iyon para maging punishment niya?

Ewan, nalilito ako!

"Pero may masama siyang ginawa sa 'yo. I don't care what she does to me, but if it's you, I don't think I can live with them without contempt in my heart."

Well, hindi ko nagustuhan ang ginawa niya sa bikinis ko, but I eventually learned to calm my anger. It was just childish, now I know na mas may icha-childish pa pala sa akin. Pero dahilan ba iyon para kumawala ka na?

"It wasn't a big deal naman," hindi bukal sa loob na sabi ko. "It was just a bikini at ang petty lang."

"I told you, nothing is petty when it comes to you." Yes, he told me that the night something happened between us. It was those words that caught my attention to him.

"Am I worth a friendship?" maliit ang boses na tanong ko.

"You're worth everything, Cons."

Mabilis kong pinunasan ang luhang umalpas sa aking mga mata. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ako naiiyak. Was it because I'm overwhelmed with the emotions that he was giving me? Was it because I'm afraid that I won't be able to return even half of those feelings?

It was good that I let my window open. The harsh air was able to help me dry those tears.

I'm glad that we didn't talk during the whole duration of the ride. Hindi ko alam ang sasabihin sa kanya kaya nagkunwari na lamang akong tulog.

"Galit ka ba?" tanong niya nang makarating na kami sa bahay. Umiling ako at tinanggal ang seatbelt. "Kanina ka pa tahimik."

"Pagod lang ako," tugon ko.

He sighed and gripped the steering wheel so hard that his veins started protruding.

"Okay, pumasok ka na."