the flashback

It was the Friday before spring break, and anna was going to spend it with her brother Sirius and maybe Regulus. Most of her friends were off busy doing other things, and of course, Sirius was with James, but the weird thing was that Sirius invited her to dinner a the potter house. There was going to be food, friends, and family. Anna was walking back to the Slytherin common room to pack for the potters. 

Anna finished packing for the potters and saw her brother was leaving to go back home for a death eater meeting. He has become more depressed and more tired. Regulus saw his sister and let her embrace him in a warm hug. 

Anna said, "te amo."

Regulus said into her shoulder, "te quoque amo."

With that, Regulus left, and anna went to join Sirius, James, lily, heinya, Remus, cassia, and peter.

☆*: .。. .。.:*☆

When they arrived at the potter manor for the weekend, most of the guests were already there for dinner, the food was cooking, and everyone was in the living room talking and laughing. Anna arrived along with the marauders, her girlfriend, and cassia.

Anna was walking to the kitchen table with a plate in her hands when she tripped and accidentally dropped the dishes on the floor. Her face went blank. She had tears swell in her eyes, and Sirius saw his sister's face and body language and realized what was happening; she was having a flashback.

Flashback

Anna was nine when she accidentally dropped her plate on the floor. Her mother heard the noise. They came into the dining room and saw the container on the floor;

Walburga grabbed her daughter by the arm and slapped her; Walburga said, "what is wrong with you, anna Lepus black."

Anna, crying, said, "I'm sorry, mother i-it was an a-accident."

Walburga slapped her daughter again. "No, it fucking wasn't."

Anna's cheek was swollen and bleeding from her mother's rings, and she was now frantically trying to clean the plate up.

Flashback ended

Anna started to cry and apologize profusely. She was cutting her hands up, trying to clean up the glass.

Euphemia crouched down and cupped anna's face. "hun, it's okay. They are just plates."

"Y-your not m-mad."

"Of course not, dear."

Anna looked at everyone staring at her with confusion or concern because they never thought anna, out of all people, would react like that. Still, Sirius and andromeda looked at her with the same fear knowing the punishments that happened in the noble house of black when done anything wrong.

"i-i thought e-every p-parent got mad at their child b-breaking a plate."

"Dear, you're safe here. We won't punish you for an accident."

Before Anna could say anything, Euphemia hugged the girl while anna was crying and shaking. Euphemia was concerned that she had never seen a child react that way to breaking something. She saw Sirius and andromeda talking and laughing and pulled them aside to speak to them; they walked into the study with ted and Remus behind them.

Euphemia spoke first: "why did anna react like that?"

Sirius and andromeda exchanged looks, then said, "she thought she was going to get punished."

"Why would she get punished."

"she accidentally dropped plates once, and the old hag slapped her across the face multiple times."

"That's horrible."

They talk about what their parents used to do to them and how when Sirius left, everything got worst for anna and Regulus.

They had a semi-regular night after that; Euphemia took anna to bed before the conversation between Sirius and Andromeda. Anna slept okay but not the best she woke up around 6 am to noises. She thought she was back in Grimmauld Place.

The following day everyone was up laughing and enjoying breakfast anna joined them after a little extra sleep everyone looked at her and asked, "how are you feeling.'

"I'm okay."

She sat down and got food, and started to eat.

Alphard said, "kid, you know what your mother does to you isn't a normal punishment, right?"

"I know, uncle."

"Don't let the old hag get you down, anna banana," Sirius said with a banana shoved in his face.

Anna burst out in laughter and said, "Okay, sirikins."

Sirius was happy now. Anna always made him happy, and he was glad he cheered his little sister up.

They had a fun and exciting rest of their holiday. 

Authors note: it's short, but it shows what happened in anna's childhood.