Chapter Nine

When she finally got out of the house where her ex-boyfriend lived, she asked herself, "Why was I in love with him again?"

That evening, she sat down on the fuchsia-pink sheets in the guest bedroom and asked herself, "Is it over? Did I win? Am I still part of the game?"

She didn't know what to think, but she needed to know if MB was still hunting or if she was using her father as leverage to get her to join her in her quest to make people's lives miserable.

Louis suddenly entered the room and asked her, "EVA honey, are you OK? Do you need me in here to calm you down or we can go downstairs and watch that movie you like Batcave?" while she was distraught and looking at pictures.

She gave it some thought, then said, "OK, we'll go downstairs, I'll make the popcorn." She couldn't understand why MB was still doing this.

Louis paused the movie, thought about it, turned around, and told her, "Pause the movie, I'll be right back I think I hear something in the garage again hopefully it's not one of my boyfriends." He then went through the garage with a baseball bat, and there was a package addressed to Eva with the label MB on it.

As a result, while she was sitting on the couch, Luis came over to her with the package, and the contents shocked them both...

it was...

"I have his head but you still have his heart and I want you to meet me at the bridge no later than 7:30 tomorrow night I'll be waiting – Kisses MB" read the note on Lewises' boyfriend's head. Louis was petrified out of his pants and didn't know what to do. He turned to Eva and asked, "Is this what you've been going through these past few months all scared and petrified because of this one person?"

She nodded, "yeah, it's been pretty terrifying actually not being able to tell anyone who or what this was until I knew for sure, but now that she/he/it is tormenting you too I don't think I should keep it a secret any longer so here it is whoever it is messing with me making me think that all of these people have killed my father and then it's making me think that he still alive so I want to get to the bottom of this once and for all