Chapter One

Let's go back to the beginning: when I was a small girl in middle school, no one wanted to hang out with me, invite me to sleepovers, birthday parties, or anything like that.

My family and I are extremely wealthy beyond any reasonable expectation. We have the best clothes, the best cars, a huge house, and even the perfect boyfriend. However, I had only a few friends until one fateful day, when Eva Barron walked right into the hallway.

She appears to be a pretty nice girl, so I thought she wanted to hang out with me. However, all she wanted was the money.

She invited me to her house later that day when she sat next to me in homeroom, unaware that her parents were the principal and vice principal of Matterhorn University.

As a result, when I entered the principal's office later that day, Ms. Matterhorn asked me to shut the front door. She was talking to me about house rules, what they usually serve for dinner, and not going into any of the bedrooms. When I peered out the window, I saw Eva Barron, Michael Hollingsworth, and Burnaby Hollingsworth talking quietly about going to a masquerade party. While Ms. Matterhorn was still talking, I turned as if I were lost,

When I came over that afternoon with a bottle of red wine, Ms. Matterhorn began calling her husband Mr. Baron by every name known to man.

a cheater, a liar, a drunk, and not a good husband overall.

Eva kept her self-control she opened the entryway and welcomed her it was of this to express "Enter, Aaliyah I'm glad to such an extent that your here!

Excuse the mass mother was somewhat awkward with her wine.

"Say, that didn't look like wine; instead, it looked like Miss Matterhorn had smashed the wine bottle into Mr. Baron's head.

Aaliyah was aware that she was not as flawless as everyone believed her to be.

We as a whole have our reasonable part of slip-ups and what makes us unique and family issues yet this was straight up freaky.

I decided to go home later that evening because I didn't want to tell my parents what was going on or they would never let me out of the house again. Around 8 p.m., a letter flew through my window with the message "I know you saw us, don't breathe a word to anyone, or else your secrets and lies will get out too."

"She took lying to a whole new level, she was shaken with fear and couldn't say a word to anyone, not even her parents.

She thought to herself, "Who is MB and what does he or she want?" when she received a second letter earlier that morning that read, "Sometimes, people snap they snap so hard that they break in your next-MB."

She was curious about the person with the initials MB because she doesn't know anyone with those initials at school, at home, or in the neighborhood mall.

She woke up with a dream of the letters MB engraved in the locker because she kept getting the letters left and right.

All of this stress over finding out who this person is—whether they're male or female—or even who they are.

She had to tell someone about Michael, Eva, or even Michael's brother. In the town of Silver Knights, who could she trust?

It's sad that she wouldn't even be able to trust her parents if she had to. Will she find the culprit or will she join her dad?

Let's go back to the beginning: when I was a small girl in middle school, no one wanted to hang out with me, invite me to sleepovers, birthday parties, or anything like that.

My family and I are extremely wealthy beyond any reasonable expectation. We have the best clothes, the best cars, a huge house, and even the perfect boyfriend. However, I had only a few friends until one fateful day, when Eva Barron walked right into the hallway.