Chapter - XV

Something wasn't right. Still, it was show time.

...

The dress was fit. The make-up was glamorous. Her curls were in place. Her lines were rehearsed. Still, Piya had no conscience if her own health the way why she was feeling. It was like her tongue was tide to tell anybody but him. But, when she would muster the strength up to face him and speak up, she would instantly face the white wall of her vocabulary. And, the feelings would fade away for another half an hour. To ease herself she moved towards the open window. The moon always calmed her, and tonight it was in it's all glory.

Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Fuck the feeling that isn't even out.

She chanted Misha's anxiety mantra and rubbed her palms in the cold weather.

Later, she jerked out of her reverie when she heard the announcement for Mount College. Making her way towards backstage, she took hold of her skirt went in.

...

In the midst of nineteenth century, there lived a maiden with her family.

People spoke about her nature, more than her beauty.

Piya made her entrance carrying a prop of flower basket filled with white lilies. She wore a baby pink hued ankle length gown, with boots in her feet. Her face was as radiant as her smile. Her curls tucked in a messy bun with few tendrils kissing her face. Her make up was light and kept natural.

Audience had awed at her beauty, especially Madhu and Arnab. They couldn't fight the smile off their faces and joy out their heart.

The tune of background music was soft and suited narrator's calm monologue.

The life was as sweet as honey, even if lemons felt sour on her tongue. She had no complains to make out. Every youngman in the town yearned for her attention. Though, her naive nature knew nothing to mirror even for her interest. The one she loved was always going to be her childhood friend who was oblivious to her affectionate gaze.

" Hello. Lucas. How are you doing today?! "

" Lizzy! I am fine. "

Kabir entered the scene, donning well tailored suit with a royal crest of military force pinned on his chest and a long encased sword attached on his waist.

Lucas was quite dark and charming when it came to his personality. While, Elizabeth was jovial one, Lucas was quite and calm one. They fulfilled each other's personality and even made an affirmative pair in front of their parents eye.

" What do I owe to visit us, sir Lucas? "

Clearly, feeling shy of Kabir's presence like a crushing young maiden, Piya's acting was most creditable. Audience chortled on her behaviour.

" I have come by to invite, sweet lady Elizabeth and your family for Royal Ball this year. May I have an invite in to your home, to pay my respect to your father? "

His smile was contagious going with his sleak dark hair that were swept back.

" Yes, Luc. "

She could never resist the smile, that would stretch everytime when he usually had any conversation with her.

Having talked enough, Lucas went inside her to meet Lizzy's father.

Curtains were pulled over for a scene change and audience waited in anticipation for further run-ins.

The night had arrived, one that Lizzy waited forever. Her dress was made of finest silk in lavender, and jewelled with mini contrasting shades of purple. It was a night that anyone could mistake her for a princess.