Chapter - X

" What do you conclude, doctor? " The creases on the temple of the khakhi dressed officer didn't got unobserved by the doctor, as he was exuding the same tension like him. The air was fresh and cool, still it made them feel stuffy.

" I have to examine thoroughly. It is devoid of a single drop of blood. " Doctor dabbed his handkerchief on his head. It was so unnatural to sweat at the early morning hours, in between the woods.

" Who found the body? "

" An adolescent. He was jogging, and heard a scream, at the break of dawn."

" I hope, it's only a hunt of an animal."

" I don't think an animal can suck an every drop of blood from a human, leaving it's flesh to rot. "

•••

Can we meet at the Daisy's at 6 p.m.? if you are free! ~ Haseena Raichand

Piya re-read the message and took a sip of water.

It had been two days since Abhay had entered the Drama club. She felt different, whenever she had to rehearse with him.

It was like, something has changed.

Something that felt right as well as at the same time unfit.

Owing to her faded memory, she wasn't able to pinpoint the reason behind her emotions.

It was 6. And she was waiting for Haseena to arrive.

If she would truly admit, she was anxious right now. It was out of blue that Haseena wanted to meet her. Having heard many speculations about her, Piya felt much nervous then she had thought before.

" Piya. Glad that you could make it. " Haseena's smooth voice caught Piya's attention and she looked up and met her gaze.

" How are you, aunty? " Piya smiled and stood up in gesture to get comfortable, as she was cracking inside out of nervousness.

" I am fine. What about you? " Haseena returned a warm smile, and gestured for Piya to sit.

" I am good too. " Nodding her head, she again took the sip from half filled glass.

" So, how is Madhu, Arnab and your sisters? "

" They are all fine, as usual. "

Haseena smiled. And then the warmth on her face became dimmed like a fused bulb, and she became bit tensed. Clasping her hands together on the table, she asked.

" How is Abhay at college? I mean- " Her sentence was cut short by the waiter.

" Your orders, madam? "

Haseena sighed, and looked at him in the eye. " A cup of coffee. "

" An iced latte for me. "

Waiter noted their orders and left.

" As I was saying is-"

Piya's hands became clammy.

" How is his behaviour? I don't know Piya, but it is necessary for me to ask. You both have suffered since that horrible day, and we do not know what had happened, between you two. You lost your memories, and he was in the coma. I am asking you because, you were close to him. You knew him more how he was actually, than anyone else. "

The concern on Haseena's face didn't go unnoticed by Piya.

" If I tell you honestly auntie, he feel different. I don't remember his past self. But whenever I look him in the eye, I feel like he has became something new. I do like him, but he seems like he wasn't that way before. He is passionate. He is aggressive. He broke Jeh Khurana's leg to participate in Drama Club. I don't know what it is in his aura, that I fear him. I do like him, the way he takes care of me, the way he treats me. But still I fear him. "