Chapter - XIV

" Khushhal. Khushhal Goenka. "
His left wrist had a black bracelet and a simple ring on his middle finger. His shirt pressed smooth to his torso and grey trousers at bottom. There was no doubt of his posh upbringing, by looking at his attire and the matte porche he rode. His behaviour and tact of conversation amazed Ama. His voice was soft and words appropriate with necessary pause, patience and calm.

" Did you had any difficulties in school? ", Khushhal asked.

" I got my maths paper of this terminal exam. And I failed it. My parents know about my dynamics with the subject but, the problem is my teacher. He likes to roast his students on their academics infront of whole class. " Again, her eyes became gloomy, and seeing her in that state disheartened him more.

" Hey! Ama, ", his voice with at most care, he continued. " If you don't mind. I can assist you in maths. "

Surprised she looked at him, " You can do that?!! Won't you be bust with your school homework. I mean you don't seem like a young adult. "

Feeling the warmth spreading over her face she looked down.

" I am sixteen and no, am being homeschooled. So, I have plenty of time for you. What say? Shall we do that? "

His lips stretched across his face showcasing his, 'Oh! So brilliant teeth'.

" O-okay. "

Their was wild funny motions swirling in Ama's gut. She had two thoughts at the same time, one to stare forever in Khushhal's eyes and second to run for hills and let out everything that she had no defining word for.

Her brain was too inexperienced to know about her pubertal changes.

" This is here, I leave you. "

Glancing out of the window, she found herself outside the gate of Diwan mansion.

" Thanks. If it weren't for you to help me. I don't know, I would have been walking till here. "

Her smile was genuine, and he felt his heart racing while he gazed at her shallow dimpled smile.

" If it would not have been me, I would not have let anyone. "

His words were low, but had lots of meanings.

" Sorry? "

" Nothing. Share me your cell number so we can discuss later on. "

" Sure. "

...

" Neil! Don't you think it's bit late. I am tired. "

It was 9:30 p.m. of night and Neil had came to pick Panchi out of blue for a night out, at club. It was all sort of run-in-date he had planed without any preparation, just to make Panchi forget about every stress regarding upcoming drama. For him this engagement wasn't a charade to walk on. He genuinely liked Panchi. And he was going to show her that, for sure.

" No it isn't. And you don't need to get ready. " Panchi was moving upstairs as soon as Neil had offered for night out. " Its just we are going to club for relaxing ourself out of all chaos. We don't need to look presentable. You look beautiful as you are right now. " His brown eyes, held the gaze of admiration and her heart swelled up in gratitude.

Well, he had confessed about his true feelings the other night. I hope I can reciprocate it in good way.

" That is so sweet of you Neil. Thanks, for this arrangement, other wise I would have still been in the my room, going over the chain of events we have plotted for the play. " Descending the stairs, she faced him. " Let's go. "