Chapter - V

5 days later.....

Piya was happy; enjoying the rush and thrills play rehearsals gave her inwardly. The thought of missing Paris, had once haunted her in the flight, but then she had erased it by the excitement of meeting her rest of the family and known yet unknown friends. And she was correct, she didn't ever missed her lifestyle of Paris, in Dehradun.

She was happy chasing the sweet, sour and bitter flavours, her college life provided; Out of past year she didn't knew.

She would remain busy, from morning to evening and then at home have her dinner, pamper her skin and go to sleep at 11 daily.

Their was no T to dampen her mood in sewers by playing an unrecognisable card of competition, as she was busy with her own task. Misha had said once, she had grown some sensibility in life, that she lacked before. And Piya was okay, with that.

She was doing better in life; despite of the nagging feeling she experienced at free hours, similar to the missing piece of jigsaw puzzle living masked inside her. One which would complete, her life and keep it as fresh and lovable, as deep crimson roses.

Right now, she was in canteen. Eating her lunch, while reciting her lines of play with perfection was her major goal.

She checked her watch and stood up, turning right in the corridor, when she ran into a hard towering figure.

" You can't leave an opportunity to fall in my arms, can you? Dobriyal. ", came a snarky remark, from the person who was secured her from falling.

" This day can't get any worse! ", Piya mumbled under her breathe, looking up she met dark brown-hazel eyes of Jeh Khurrana.

Piya took a step back, and came out of his arms.

" My lunch was fine, untill I smelled a rotten egg. I need to puke. And sanitise myself, excuse me. ", she moved in opposite direction, but he held her wrist. Her comment was like a knife to his, mountain high ego.

Piya's eyes flared in anger, she took a deep breathe. Twisting her hand opposite, to make it free.

" My mother is throwing a party, tomorrow. Here's the invitation for you and your sisters. ", he gave her a fancy red envelope, his tone meant business and face devoid of any emotions.

Surprise was all over Piya's face but she masked it with none, and took the envelope.

His face had different teasing lines, with a smirk pasted on his lips, now.

Piya was too confused by his act now. But thought at least he wasn't showing off in any arrogant way, after her last retort, so she turned around and heard him say, " I am looking forward to it. "

Later, that day Piya discussed about Jeh Khurana's party invitation with her sisters. And came to know about him participating in the play for lead role, in place of Kabir.

It was no surprise to her, that he acted better than Kabir. Well, Jeh Khurana was a heartless prick, she had known by the drama that used to follow in college campus when Jeh usually dumps his girlfriends, after using them for mere days.

In Piya's opinion he was a world class jerk.

She sighed, now she had to rehearse her all lines from the start with him. Kabir was best. But now, owing to him having a side male role and his majority of absence with T, didn't helped anywhere. Misha was missing him, quite more than anybody.

Zoya was busy in college studies for majority of week days, and as her singing skills were better than the rest, she rehearsed at weekends and some days in the evening. She wasn't going to attend the party, as her interests were much inclined her cozy comforters more than anything when it comes to formal parties. She was more of a casual nightclub girl, than formal.

It was 2 days before party, that Piya caught severe cold. She was ridden to complete bed rest by her family doctor. Madhu took good care of her at home. Her play lines were rehearsed, in much proper way, before she feel ill. Jeh was behaving properly, much to Panchi relief. They acted as professionals, and gathered the costume, music and act perfectly to the point.

As the play was five days, after the party. Panchi decided to give break, to the participants and backstage performers.

Neil was eager meet Panchi, at the party. Dipanita's plan to make Neil more then acquainted to Panchi had blossomed a real life, feelings in Neil's heart.

He hadn't met her, since weeks as she was busy following her duty as a drama teacher in Mount College. This gave Neil much time to understand the business tactics, Dipanita Khurana played with.

An evening before the party he was going to deliver her a file, regarding their new project in hand, when he heard her conspiring on the phone call.

" ...I am giving you a duty to fullfil. It's her you have to finish. Her parents will be here, and she would be alone at home. "
.
.
.
" No, she is a weak human, as well as, ill. She should not live to breathe. I want my revenge when they are weak, now. I won't give him any chance to rise again. Make sure you do that. Goodbye. "

And with that she hanged up her call.

Not to let her know of his presence Neil, knocked to the door, keeping his face devoid of any expressions.

" Neil, come in. ", with a normal smile he beckoned him, in her office.

She was certain of his eavesdropping, and tried to read his face. But got none, to pacify her doubt, as he walked in pretending to be much engrossed in the file.

" Mom, you left this in the drawing room. Jeh told me to hand this over to you. ", giving the file, he spoke. His voice was unwavering, which fed fuel of pacification to the reaming fire of doubt in her mind, and extinguished it cool.

Frown graced up Dipanita's forehead, " He won't meet me? Seems like he is still behaving like a child. What do I do with this boy, he has to know that, I have much more important work to finish, then roaming behind him like other mothers, when their child gets a little scratch. ", she huffed in annoyance.

Neil looked down at his feet, he was certain about the Jeh's anger toward their mother. And his anger and adamantness was justified.

Closing his eyes shut for a second, he spoke with much more wit, " It would do us good if you will, try to talk with him. He wasn't at any fault, he only needed your care when there was such time. Well, I will leave you to this, I have to call Panchi. Ask her if she is attending our party with her family or not. ", moving towards the door he spoke, and deciding as well to not listen to any remark of his mother about Jeh.

" Neil. Ask her is Piyali attending too or not? ", she disregarded his prior remark.

He halted in his steps and without turning, spoke from the door, " Why mom? "

" I wanted to meet her. I have heard her health is not well, these days, from Panchi when I went to invite principal, for the party. "

Neil recalled the part of phone call, he eavesdropped before. A side of his lip raised up, knowing his tactic made a goal, straightaway.

" I will ask her mom. ", and with that he exited the office.

" It's not hard to defeat you in your own game, mom. "

###