Page 54: Fighting and Storms:

"What is this? What did you do?" David asked, taking the shell from her.

"Let me go." She begged, trying to seduce David with a pouty lip. She acted like the stories that Dream heard about sirens.

"Not until you tell us. Or we make you tell us." Regina threatened when the mermaid turned to look at her. "Mom?" Dream exclaimed when she heard her mom threaten the mermaid. "Threatening her isn't the way to motivate her." Mary Margaret spoke up, causing Regina to look at her. "Well, I'm all out of fish food," Regina said snarkily.

"Doesn't matter if you get her to talk. You can't trust her. Mermaids are liars." Hook said to the group, making everyone but the mermaid sigh.

"Of course they are." Emma scoffed aloud.

"What else is new on this island? The lost boys are trained shooters?" Dream scoffed when she and Emma exchanged a confused and frustrated look.

"Maybe they're just scared of Pan. If we let her go, maybe they'll be on our side." Mary Margaret suggested, sounding overly optimistic. "Or maybe she and her friends will come right back to kill us," Regina said to her, motioning to the mermaid.

"I don't need my friends to kill you. You'll kill yourselves. Now, let me go." The mermaid threatened when everyone looked at her before jumping at the crack of lightning and thunder. The mermaid smirked as it started to get stormy, and the waters started to rock the boat again.

"It's a storm." Hook spoke up while everyone tried to hold on.

"Yeah, we got that much, Hook..." Dream sighed when she felt like she was going to be seasick again. "She called it. Don't let her go. She'll swim off and leave us all to die. At least with her, we've got leverage." Hook said to them when David took out his sword, holding it up to the mermaid's neck. 

"Stop the storm. Then, we let you go." David said to the mermaid, who just smirked at him. She just shook her head before David moved to hold her by the hair, moving the blade closer to her neck. Dream and Mary Margaret moved back in shock, while Regina chuckled and moved to stop her father from killing the mermaid.

"That's more like it, Charming. Filet the fish." Regina smirked when the mermaid struggled in his hands.

David looked up to his shocked wife and Dream, then to Emma, who looked at him in disbelief. "No..." He said, letting go of her and moving the blade from her neck. "We're not barbarians." He said to the girls and Hook when the storm kept getting worse. "What we're going to be is dead," Regina yelled out to them before moving to grab Dream's hand.

"Hold on; I'm gonna turn around." Hook said, rushing back to the wheel. "You think you can get away in this?" Dream asked, looking back at him. "I've outrun many a storm, love." He said to her when everyone had to hold on to the ropes.

"Make it stop. Or die." Regina threatened the mermaid again.

"We're not killers!" Mary Margaret yelled at Regina.

"Yes, you are. And you've brought this death upon yourselves." The mermaid said to them while the storm kept picking up. 

"This is why we should free her," Emma spoke up, with her mother agreeing with her. "Okay... That feel-good nonsense, Snow, might play in the Enchanted Forest, but this? This is Neverland." Regina argued back, looking at Mary Margaret.

Thunder and lightning cracked again, making the ship jerk while everyone tried to hold on to what they could. "Keep your grip, pirate!" David yelled at Hook. "It wasn't me, mate. It was the ship... We're taking on water." Hook said when he lost his grip on the wheel, causing him to hit the side, before trying his hardest to go back to keeping them steady.