Page 50: Gold's "Speech":

"No, you won't."

Everyone on the ship looked at Gold, who was in a different outfit that was more like his Enchanted Forest self of the Dark One. "Oh, well, that's a great use of our time, a wardrobe change." Hook scoffed when Regina and Dream moved to look at him, along with the Charmings and Emma. "Dad? What are you doing?" Dream asked, making Gold look at her.

"I'm gonna get Henry." Gold said, making the others scoff at him.

"We agreed to do this together." Regina scoffed at him, making Gold look at her and Dream. "Actually, we made no such agreement." Gold said when Dream sighed at her father, obviously showing her disappointment in him.

"Why are you doing this?" Dream asked him when Gold just looked at his daughter.

"Because I want to succeed, Dream." 

"What makes you think I'm gonna fail?" Emma asked, making Gold look down at her since she was on the lower level of the deck. "Well, how could you not? You don't believe in your parents. Or in magic... Or even yourself." Gold said, only making Emma more frustrated. "I slayed a dragon. I think I believe." Emma fought when Regina and Dream exchanged an annoyed look at each other. 

"Only what was shown to you... When have you ever taken a real leap of faith? You know, the kind where there's absolutely no proof." Gold said, but Emma did not say anything, even when Gold paused for a moment, smirking to himself. "I've known you some time, Ms. Swan, and sadly, despite everything you've been through, you're still just that bail bondsperson. Looking for evidence... Well, dearie, that's not gonna work in Neverland." Gold continued to say to Emma.

"I'll do whatever it takes," Emma said when Gold leaned forward.

"Or you just need someone to tell you what that is... Sorry, dearie. Our foe is too fearsome for hand-holding. Neverland is a place where imagination runs wild, and sadly, yours doesn't." Gold continued to say before he twirled his cane until they watched him disappear before the cane dropped onto the deck board.

The others looked around when Dream moved to pick up the cane, seeing the marks from when she was really little, and Gold would mark her height when she visited the shop with Granny until she got too big for the cane. 

"Everyone... May I present the "Father of the Century."" Dream scoffed sarcastically before walking away to below deck.

"I'll talk to her..." Regina sighed when she went to follow Dream. "Let me," David spoke up, stopping Regina. "Trust me," David said, noticing Regina's confusion and disapproval.

"Fine." Regina sighed when David walked below deck to talk to Dream.

~season 3, episode 1: "The Heart of the Truest Believer"~

~454 words~