Page 51: David and Dream's Talk:

David knocked on the opened door of the sailors' quarters, seeing Dream looking down at the cane. Dream looked up when she sniffled, wiping the tear that ran down her cheek. "I don't feel like talking, David... You can tell my mom that I'm fine. Just need some air... That isn't seawater or fishy smelling." Dream said when she looked back at the cane. David nodded when he just moved to sit beside her.

"Alright... We don't have to talk." David said, sitting beside her when he had just watched her.

"How does someone have a child and never want to get to know them?" Dream asked when she kept looking down. "I can't answer that, Dream... But I thought he was trying for you... And Neal." David said when Dream looked up at him, sighing when he noticed more tears running down her cheeks. 

"He only tries when it's convenient for him... I've known him as the man who just ran a shop in the town that I grew up in for twenty years. He did buy me birthday gifts and kept track of my height growing up... But so did everyone else because they were cursed to be scared of my mother." Dream sighed when David moved his hand on her back to comfort her. "You know... When I started to listen and believe Henry before the curse was broken... I thought that maybe the magic that he talked so much about could bring my dad back. My dad, who I thought was my dad for eighteen years. Daniel. The man who my mother loved so much. I pictured him to be like Graham. Kind. And loving... Then at the same time, I had just lost the guy who raised me. He was those things that I pictured Daniel to be. And now... Now." Dream stopped when she scoffed to herself. "N-Now... I have to fight for my real dad's attention. And at the same time, I don't want to. He's a monster. And selfish... And terrifying. No matter what Belle says about his heart, I just can't help but think that she's delusional. Because the man I know... the man I wished that I knew as a little girl, is nothing more than a selfish monster." Dream sighed when she kept crying.

"Hey..." David said when Dream looked back up at him. "I may not have been there like Graham... And I may not be your real father. But myself, and even Mary Margaret, will always be here for you. I know it's not the same--" David went to say when Dream moved to hug him, which shocked David.

"Thank you." She smiled when he hugged her back. "It's more than enough." Dream added when David closed his eyes when there were memories of David making sure that she was okay or helping her. Everything he had done that Dream remembered of him. David smiled to himself when they pulled away from the hug.

"I'm sorry... I'm still learning these powers." Dream sighed when she looked at David while she wiped her tears.

"It's okay." He said when he smiled at her, trying not to cry. He was learning how to be a father and a parent, mainly to Emma. But it seemed that he was also trying to be the missing father figure in Dream's life, along with when he tried to help with Henry's. And Dream's memories that she showed him let him know that he was doing a pretty good job.

The two of them were unaware that Mary Margaret and Regina were leaning on the wall by the opened door. Regina looked at Mary Margaret, giving her a nod when Mary Margaret smiled at her. This was a moment of peace that the two of them needed. A moment of agreement.

~632 words~