Page 27: Emma is Suspicious of Tamara:

*Granny's Diner*

"No mayo, right?" Tamara asked, taking the take-out bag from the waitress at Granny's. "That's right." The girl smiled at her.

Tamara paid, turning to walk out when she bumped into Emma. Neither of them was watching where they were going. "I'm so sorry!" Emma said, bending down to help Tamara since she knocked her purse down. Tamara just gave Emma a smile, indicating that it was not a big deal. "He still hates mayo, huh?" Emma asked, looking up at Tamara, then down to the list that fell out of Tamara's bag. It had names of people in the town with their former names and their cursed names.

"Avoids it like the plague." Tamara chuckled before grabbing the list from Emma and putting it in her purse.

"How are you doing here? In Storybrooke, I mean... It's a lot to take in." Emma asked when they both stood up. "Understatement." Tamara chuckled, putting her purse back on her shoulder, and Emma chuckled too. "But I guess you know that better than anyone." She continued to say, making Emma nod.

"Yeah, I guess that's true, but I had Henry. He got me through it." Emma shrugged when Tamara nodded.

"Right. Yeah... Neal's doing the same for me." Tamara said when Emma nodded, putting her hands in her pocket. "Even so, it's pretty crazy here," Emma added when Tamara agreed, smiling at her kindly. "If the world found out about this place, do you know what that would mean for Henry or Neal... or Dream?" Emma asked when Tamara's smile turned into a frown.

"Look, Emma, you don't have to worry. You can trust me." Tamara said, smiling when Emma put on a fake smile back. "That's good to know." She said, not fully trusting Tamara. "Be seeing you later." Tamara smiled at her.

"Yeah... I'll be seeing you." Emma smiled before Tamara walked out of the diner, making Emma drop the fake smile.

"I'm telling you, Tamara is the "she" August was trying to warn us about..." Emma said to Mary Margaret when she got back to the apartment that she lived in with her parents.

"Emma!" Mary Margaret scoffed when she shushed her daughter, who had been following her, ranting about Tamara. "What? Don't "Emma" me!" Emma scoffed at her mother. "Henry is upstairs." Mary Margaret scoffed in a hushed tone. "Look... I know this has been hard for you--" Mary Margaret went to say as Emma crossed her arms over her chest.

"No. This isn't about me. This is about August. He died trying to warn us about someone, about a woman. "She." Tamara has a list of people who live here. What their fairy-tale names are... She even has Dream as Thumbelina on it. Doesn't that worry you?" Emma asked when Mary Margaret sighed, looking up at the loft upstairs bedroom before back at Emma.

"There could be a million explanations for what you saw." Mary Margaret tried to tell her.

"We don't know anything about her. And she lied to me. When she said I could trust her, she lied." Emma said, making Mary Margaret sigh again. "But your "superpower" has been known to be unreliable, Emma... Especially when you're emotional." Mary Margaret said, grabbing her purse from the counter before placing a hand on Emma's arm. "Dream knew about Cora's deception before you did... Remember?" Mary Margaret asked, causing Emma to scoff.

"But she trusted Hook..." Emma scoffed, reminding her mother that Dream was not always right, either.

"Exactly my point... You saw the look on her face. She had a crush on him. She's still a girl." Mary Margaret said, walking past Emma to head to the door. "For the last time, I don't have feelings for Neal. That was over a decade ago. I'm over it." Emma sighed when she turned to her mother, who grabbed her coat. "Well, that may be, but if you tell Henry that you think his dad's fiancee may be up to something? Then, Henry's going to think that there's a chance his parents could get back together... So, keep it to yourself. Please? Till you know something more?" Mary Margaret asked before leaving when Emma did not say anything else.

Once the door closed, Henry came out of the bathroom. "So, we're back in business... I heard everything." Henry smirked, making Emma look shocked when she saw him standing with his arms crossed over his chest. "I thought you were in the shower?" Emma asked when Henry continued to smirk. "Exactly... Operation Cobra is back on. We're investigating Tamara, right?" Henry asked when Emma sighed to herself.

"Get your coat." Emma sighed to herself, thinking that she might regret this decision.

~season 2, episode 20: "The Evil Queen"~

~778 words~