The Morning After

Y/N POV

As soon as the first rays of sunshine begin peeking through my bedroom curtains I'm already awake, flashes of last night playing on repeat in my mind, like a movie and it makes me smile so wide that, for a moment, I'm scared that my cheeks are going to split.

There's a pleasant soreness in my body that protests any major movement, my muscles aching in all the best ways possible. And the room smells entirely of sex and sweat, all thanks to the woman lightly snoring against my chest.

I don't know how long I lay there, lazily smiling up at the ceiling as my fingers run up and down the bare skin of Lizzie's back, but it only feels like a few seconds have passed before the brunette starts to stir. She lets out a light hum as she stretches before the arm draped over my stomach squeezes me tightly, my fingers continuing to follow the dip of her spine. "Morning."

Smiling at the raspy greeting, I shift myself just slightly, despite the protest of my tired muscles, so that I'm on my side and facing my still half-asleep girlfriend. "Good morning, my love. Did you sleep okay?"

Lizzie nods, her eyes closing once more. "Mhm. I always sleep better when you're with me."

My heart can't take the adorableness that is my girlfriend right now, feeling as though all the love I have for her will come spilling out, beating against the metaphorical walls of my heart. I didn't think that I could possibly fall more in love with her, but after last night it seems as if the brunette had managed to worm herself further into the very depths of my heart that not even I knew existed. Not that I'm complaining. Not one, single bit. "I love you."

I watch as a small smile graces Lizzie's already beautiful features, and she reaches out, blindly looking for something that I assume she finds when she grabs one of my hands and brings it up to cradle against her chest. "I love you, too."

A few moments of silence pass, and for a second I thought she fell back asleep until her voice tells me otherwise. "About last night..."

As she trails off, I let my eyes scan over her face, looking for any signs that she may have regretted what happened, my anxiety rising slightly at the thought. When I don't answer, and as if she can sense my anxiousness, her green eyes open and find my worried ones immediately. "I'm not saying I regret it. I was just making sure you were okay with what happened. It all kinda happened a little fast. I mean, in less than an hour we went from being fine, to fighting, to having sex. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

My anxiety disappears at her words, along with some tension that I hadn't realized had been building in my limbs. "Geeze, you scared me there for a second, Liz. And yeah, I'm fine. Better than fine. I'm great. Spectacular. Insert any and all other synonyms here."

Lizzie, apparently content with my answer, uses her free hand to reach out, her fingers tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear before they move to trace over my face and down to my lips where I place a light kiss to their tips. The small form of affection makes her smile, before it's quickly replaced by a grimace as she shifts slightly under the sheet. "I'm sore."

Humming in agreement, I let my eyes flutter close as her hand cups my face, thumb rubbing in soothing circles across my cheek. "In a bad way or a good way?"

"Definitely in a good way."

Smiling, I force my eyes back open so I don't risk falling back asleep, even though it's all my tired and sore body wants me to. Turning my head slightly, I place a kiss on Lizzie's palm before shuffling up and out of bed. I lift my arms over my head, stretching out the muscles and wincing when my joints crack loudly, acutely aware of green eyes following my every move. When I turn back towards the bed I smile as Lizzie's eyes snap up to meet mine, her cheeks reddening. "Were you just checking out my ass?"