Realization

Y/N POV

"So we've got five days before you leave. What do you wanna do?"

The blonde smiled as she plated a few of the pancakes before handing it to me, the woman shrugging a shoulder. "As long as I get to spend it with you, I don't care what we do."

I dug into the breakfast I'd been given with my own smile at the blonde's words, learning pretty early on that Lizzie was an amazing cook and her pancakes were to die for. Literally. It amazed me that there was apparently nothing she was good at. And as content as I was to spend every minute of this week keeping her cooped up in my apartment with me, I wanted to make more memories with her. "Flattery will get you everywhere, Olsen. Along with these pancakes. What if we have a beach day? Or go see one of the museums? Or visit the zoo or aquarium?"

Lizzie nodded, leaning against the counter across from me after she fixed her own plate of food. "I would not say no to the aquarium. I haven't been in ages. And a definite yes to the beach."

Swallowing the bite of food in my mouth, because it was both unattractive to speak with your mouth full and I didn't want to choke and die, I pulled out my phone to advance order tickets to the aquarium. "Awesome. So aquarium today and beach day tomorrow?"

"As long as you promise me we can spend Wednesday and Thursday curled up on the couch with pizza and a movie."

Smiling over the edge of my phone, because seriously my girlfriend was an absolute puppy, I nodded. "Whatever you want, darling."

My smile instantly turned into a smirk upon noticing the blonde's cheeks redden, having not forgotten that particular nickname always managed to get a rise out of the actress. It was fun to be the teaser every once in a while, knowing that for a few moments I had the upper hand when it was usually the opposite of our dynamic.

Lizzie must have seen the smirk, because her green eyes suddenly narrowed slightly. "I hate you."

Snorting, I slid off the stool and deposited my empty plate in the sink before placing a quick kiss to the blonde's cheek. "No you don't. Now go and get your cute butt dressed for our date. I want to see the sharks and the otters!"

Letting out a laugh, Lizzie shook her head before starting off in the direction of my room, mumbling something under her breath that I didn't catch. But I didn't mind, because I could feel my body vibrating with excitement. This was gonna be an awesome day, I could feel it.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Eventually we pulled into the parking lot of the aquarium, where I was practically bouncing in the passenger seat of Lizzie's car as I stared out the windshield at the large building in front of us. I was a total kid when it came to stuff like this, having not gotten to do stuff like this much when I was a kid. My mother, god-love her wonderful soul, worked hard to put food on our table and luxuries such as trips to amusement parks or zoos only happened once. I was seven, and my parents had saved up to take me to Disney for my birthday. So I never bothered to hide my enthusiasm when it came to stuff like this.

"Alright, my little ball of energy. It looks like I'm going to have to set up some ground rules before we go in. You cannot stray away from me. I want you in my line of sight at all times."

Pouting, I tore my eyes away from the aquarium to look over at my girlfriend. "I'm not a child! I don't need rules!"

Lizzie raised an eyebrow, the action causing me to roll my eyes as I opened my car door. "I promise I won't venture too far from you."

The blonde shook her head but followed me out of the car, smiling as little as I stood bouncing from one foot to the other, my excitement coming back full force now that I remembered we were minutes away from the fun. "You are a child, but you're extremely adorable."