40

Before y'all dove into this chapter I just wanted to dedicate it to iluvphlants thank you so much for the spam of votes!! You have no idea how motivating that was to me🫶🏻

The king filming finally wrapped up and he came back. I thought to listen to Saoirse's comment about the Hollywood industry. She probably was not wrong. hopefully because I was so tired of chasing things that wanted to leave. that gap inside of me grew and grew but he came filled it up. Truthfully, he had walked into my life as if he had always lived there, like my heart was a home built just for him.

I wanted to feel nothing when I saw you, but you looked me in the eyes, and I felt everything return all at once. "Saoirse's not home" I said as we stood on opposite ends of the room. he had just walked in.

"I know, I just" he muttered, "I needed to see you." he looked at me and I did the same. I felt everything return when I looked into his green eyes, the goosebumps spread across my body simultaneous with the wind that sent shivers across my chest. I waited for him to respond. "I am so sorry y/n. I never meant to hurt you know that please. I love you" he stepped forward towards me.

I remained frozen on my side of the room as I swallowed back the lump rising in my throat. I wanted to rely, I was trying to but all I could remember was the state of him I saw on Saoirse's laptop when she was on call with him and how he pleaded to talk to me.

He pauses in his steps, waiting for I'm guessing my facial expressions. to see if in any way I am trying to stop him, but I don't. not when he is right in front of me. not when he places his lips on mine. not when he rests his arms around my waist. or when he pushes his lips harder on mine so that he can slip his tongue into my mouth.

"I love you too" I whisper to him when we pull apart.

- - -

we are now sat in the living room with the tv on, Timothée chose a film but to be honest we're both interested in exploring each other's mouths at the current moment. I know Saoirse is out and won't return until late, so I have the flat to myself this afternoon. He does not push me to do anything I do not want to. when I take his hands to push my shirt off, he pulls apart and asks me to make sure. I nod. "only you" I respond and align my lips on top of his again.

He shakes his head and slides me off of him. What did I do?

He gets up and pauses the tv. "so what do you want to do then?" I ask him.

He shrugs his shoulders.

"do you want to go out to eat?"

he shakes his head.

"how about we just go out then?"

he shakes his head.

"then what?"

nothing.

"how about we go to your favourite bagel place, I'll let you pick mine" I respond, and he smiles.

"as enticing as those sounds, sadly no" he shakes his head, "in one of my interviews I mentioned that place and now the paparazzi are camped out there waiting for me and asking shitty questions"

about lily.

"we can go elsewhere? how about that pizza place you like. nobody knows about that place. you'll be fine there?"

reluctantly, he agrees. When we walk out, I see him pull up his hoodie and spread his hair across his face. he thinks I won't realise it. He's hiding himself. a part of me knows it is to cover himself from the paparazzi but the other half of me knows that he does not do this with lily. we saw it clearly in the photos.

I thought it would be just one off but every time we went out, he would hide himself or make me wear something too, to cover myself. We changed places too. no longer went towards the public places but rather private shitty places that nobody would go to. He tried his best to stay at home too, either at Saoirse's or his place. a part of me could not atop. it just would not atop gnawing in my head. he did not do this with lily, only with me. not even his friends. Did he not want to be seen with me? he had no problem with lily... only with me.

***

(740 words)

sorry for the severe delay guys i was so busy in trying to complete my goodreads goal i kid you not i forgot this was incomplete :( but i am writing the next chapter as we speak! hoping for more regular updates. let me know if you have any ideas or something :)