33

"Hurry y/n it's nearly on!"

"Hold on" I yell and run out of the kitchen taking a seat next to Saoirse. "Here you go" I give her the bowl of popcorn she asked for as the adverts end and Timothée's face pops up on the screen. He greets his interviewer as they question him about his recent films and upcoming ones as well as his Oscar nomination too, which he's thrilled about. They ask him how he's managing his life, both work and personal. He talks as Saoirse, and I watch. I see his chain hanging out of his jumper, I can't help but smile. That chain. The one I gifted him that he is wearing on live tv.

"Have you told him yet?"

I shake my head. "Not yet but I will" I reply, taking a handful of popcorn. "We just got the letter recently besides what am I going to wear?"

Saoirse chuckles. "We'll find you something to wear y/n don't worry."

I smile at her.

"Will Lorenzo be there?" she asks me.

My breath falters and It's like a tape plays in my head, including all the emotions. I still cannot believe how stupid I was when it came to Lorenzo. How he kept our 'relationship' a secret when truthfully he was just cheating on me the entire time and using me. I shrug, "probably Saoirse but who even cares?" she continues to stare at me. "I'll tell Timmy don't worry."

I move over to hug her because her face remains stressed and tense. She calms down eventually. Even since I told her the truth about what happened to me, she's become more caring, she still thinks of me as some vulnerable weak little girl but then again or as Timothée has explained it to me, I'm her younger sister. She cares for me and i should be grateful for that. And I am. I am.

I see on the screen some photos as the interviewer asks him about them. I freeze. It's pictures of us but you cannot recognise me at all. Thank god. He looks at those pictures and nervously laughs. It's cute, saying how that's probably edited because he's not looking for a relationship right now. I see Saoirse's face remain at the screen, but her eyes turn and look at me. I guess she's trying to figure out my reaction. I stay silent. I know Timmy doesn't want our relationship to be on the news and gossip, but I've had bad experience in private relationships. I take and deep breath. Timothée is not Lorenzo. Timothée is not Lorenzo. Eventually he manages to change the subject and sticks to his single career driven life and his LA Guardia years, which he mentions his ex-girlfriend quite a bit.

This happens in all the interviews. They ask him about Saoirse too and he acknowledges her.

But

Not

Me.

I try. I try to not think about it but all I can think do is compare Lorenzo and Timothée.

He doesn't call me as much as he used to. He occasionally messages but he rarely replies. Normally, I'd think about that a lot of that but at the same time I'm busy too. I'm sitting my exams which I need to pass with exceeding grades in order to graduate, hopefully because that's all that I have been trying to work on for the last few weeks, with the exception of Timmy and Lorenz's similarity in my mind but something in my body tells me to trust him. He helped me through so much. I don't want to be cheesy and say he completes me because well he doesn't. Personally, I don't think anyone needs to be 'completed' by another person. I'm perfectly fine on my own. But I'm not going to lie, he definitely fills in some empty spaces. And I'm so, so grateful for that. I stopped believing in love...until I saw it in the warmth of his eyes.

***

(655 words)

Here you go my loves <3

It's quite a short chapter i know but keep your eyes peeled for the next one...

HINT the Oscars