5

I was walking to school today in my uniform, only second day in and I had already returned to my previous habits. Back in my old school, I held the status as Queen Bee just like Leighton was at Constance. But all that had changed, if they treated me like the sister of a celebrity-spoilt rich and privileged then it was what I would become. As I passed though the stores, I couldn't help but admire myself through the reflection of the windows. I had changed my outfit, enhanced it to look more like the girls did at school just took privilege of Saoirse's wardrobe. I had hanged my old chunky boots to one of Saoirse's Gucci boots, I used her Gucci belt to shorten the length of my skirt by tying it higher on my waist. Instead of their usual white blazer, I took Saoirse's white Marc Jacobs pleat cape and tied my hair in a low bun with a jewelled headband. I saw Leighton standing with the girls, talking to Sabrina, her face full of hatred. I'm guessing she was still mad at Sabrina for embarrassing her in public last night.

Y/N outfit

Her outfit & minions ( this is Y/N not Leighton) I'm just heavily obsesssed with gossip girl: the lifestyle, the plot, the fashion

Her outfit & minions ( this is Y/N not Leighton) I'm just heavily obsesssed with gossip girl: the lifestyle, the plot, the fashion. INLSKF

They were talking but as soon as I came over, Sabrina interrupted Leighton, "Y/N, where are we going tonight

They were talking but as soon as I came over, Sabrina interrupted Leighton, "Y/N, where are we going tonight. Tired of STK yet. Shall we go somewhere else," I heard many of the other girls nodding their head asking me the same question, but I ignored them. I turned back to Leighton; my face full of concern. "Hey," I said to her, "I left you phone messages last night, you okay?" I heard minor chuckles from the girls, including Sabrina which caused Leighton's face turn into confusion over the current moment.

"Yeah, sorry I wasn't," she cleared her throat, looking back at me, "I wasn't feeling well,"

I cocked my head to the side and placed my hand on her cheek, to show concern hoping she would get the message, "you poor thing."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the girls smirking at my actions, none wider other than Sabrina which caused Leighton to excuse herself as she had to talk to one of her teachers. I stroked her hair and rubbed her shoulder, "of course, Leighton," I said, understandingly, "I'll see you later. The steps for lunch." She remained frozen in position as I turned and continued to listen to the girls compliment my outfits, my boots, my hairstyle and my makeup.

I looked back up to see Leighton had gone, I saw Lorenzo who simply nodded his head and smiled at me, which I returned to him. Then, he raised his eyebrows impressed at me, only causing me to smile more at him. The bell rings and we go inside the assembly hall for our morning announcements. I walk in with Sabrina and the rest of the girls following me- god I really need to learn their names. We sit down, when I feel a breath of warm air touch my ear. "Good morning to you too Caro" (means dear in Italian). I turned around and saw Lorenzo sitting behind me. He smiled at me and I smiled back, we sat there staring at each other, gazing into each other's eyes for a few minutes until the Constance headmistress and St Jude's headteacher stood and made the announcements for today.

After the announcements, I went to class with Sabrina and minion number 2. Yeah, I numbered them. The brunette was number 2, Sabrina number 1, the red heard number 3 and the one with glasses number 4. The rest came and went. Today, only second day in of school and I had my first history lesson. I walked in and greeted the teacher. "Ah yes, Miss Ronan welcome to your first history lesson. Just find someone to catch up on all the notes but in the meantime, you will be seated beside..." the teacher turned to look around on his desk to check a piece of paper, "Mr Zurzolo, you shall sit next to Mr Zurzolo,"

"Who is Mr Zur-"

The teacher pointed to the back row and the two empty seats, one which was mine as I walked towards it. I began unpacking my items and books as more students stumbled into the classroom. "Ronan, mio caro. Nice to know at least one good thing is going right this year,"

I recognised his voice, I looked up to see Lorenzo standing next to me as he threw his bag on the floor and sat down next to me.

"One good thing?" I asked him, as I sat next to him.

Abruptly, he turned to look at me, "you didn't hear?" He asked, his face in confusion.

"Hear what?" I whispered, now that the teacher had started the lesson.

He moved closer next to me, to whisper in my ear, "Leighton and I broke up." I shivered as the scent of tobacco invaded my nostrils. The rest of the lesson went by quick, as we sat in silence together. I kept noticing the small glances he made at me when I inserted questions in class or was making notes, it was as if he was waiting for me to respond but truth was... I did not know how to.

As soon as the bell rang, Lorenzo grabbed my arm and called my name but instantly, I moved away and out of the class towards my next lesson with Sabrina.

-

(961 words)