9 (Y/n)

It had been long since we left the land of Claw behind. The weather soon became cloudy and cold, and like we had been since the morning, neither Kakashi nor I spoke much. Surely, there didn't seem to be anything special to talk about, except, of course, that kiss we shared by mistake last night. Although in fact, I felt that it might be just because of that kiss that he seemed rather quiet. So after hours and hours of shared silence, I finally broke it with a sigh. 

"What is it?" I asked him, turning my head to my left, to him. He looked at me for a second before his gaze fled mine nervously.

"Nothing," he hesitated, which I noticed. 

So I stopped, and because we had been walking very close to each other, I stopped him by snaking my hand under his arm. 

"Kakashi," I called him with an arched brow and serious eyes. He stopped and finally looked at me. And although he seemed calm, I knew him enough to know he continued to be tense "I know you've been wanting to say something since we left the camp this morning. So, tell me" I encouraged him. In a way, I could already imagine what it was he wanted to talk about and that made him so nervous. But I also kind of wanted him to say it. 

A faint blush tinted his cheeks, which made me arch both brows, now more sure of what it was he wanted to talk about. And also, surprised and finding it cute that he wasn't able to talk about it openly. But then, my brow turned serious, just like his did. And like my hand was on his arm, he moved his hand to softly hold me by my arm. We looked into each other's eyes for a few more seconds before I hugged him. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he responded by hugging me closer by my back. And while I leaned my cheek on his shoulder, I observed behind him. 

"How far?" he whispered lowly over my ear. 

"30 meters" I answered him as I squinted towards the edge of the forest where a group of people was hiding, lurking on us. His hands slightly rubbed my lower back while he tightened his embrace around me, making the hug warmer. Although I obviously wasn't thinking about that right now. Not entirely, at least. 

I closed my eyes, sliding one of my hands down Kakashi's chest while I enjoyed the feeling of his body. Then, my hand finally reached its destination: my pouch with tools to use in these scenarios. I picked up one of my smoke bombs and when we finally heard the sound of the hiding people jumping out of their spots I threw it to our feet, both of us disappearing into the cloud of smoke. We quickly separated and he turned around, immediately throwing himself to fight the confused attackers. Meanwhile, I took a small detour to get the distracted enemies from behind. 

Once I was right behind them, from where they had appeared, I realized that these people must have been probably bandits, not only from their clothes but also because of the way they fought so carelessly yet brutally. I silently approached the one who was more at the end and silently slit his throat from behind him, slowly killing the ones that were inattentive for a moment while their peers fought Kakashi. I only got discovered after I took out my 4th victim. So immediately, half of them turned around and focused on me, and thus, I changed to another weapon. A poisoned kunai. 

Three of them threw at me at once, and although I was able to dodge and block most of them. I was not as skilled as they were. I finally managed to cut one of them when another one held me by my throat. Then, the one I cut approached with his friends, but I continued to fight kicking my legs at them. So each of them grabbed one of my legs. They started walking away, taking me with them, when the poison started to kick in. The man I had cut collapsed to the floor, and as soon as he did I turned my body all I could, throwing a kick in the head to the other one that held my other leg. He fell to the floor, disoriented for a long while, and I used that to slide my hand to my pouch in search of another kunai that I used to stab the man behind me.