8 Kakashi

I was so stunned by her fleeing figure that it earned me a deep cut on my sides, right where I already had a sensitive wound. I frowned, and my kicks, punches, and taijutsu techniques became more fierce fuelled by (Y/n) abandoning me and how much it irked me. I had been so worried that she could keep up... so thoughtful of resolving this in a way beneficial to both of us... and she just left me there? I thought we were on this together.

I punched a guy so hard that I instantly knocked him out and his face became unrecognizable from his blood. I even thought of using the chidori, now not caring about slowing (Y/n) down since she had abandoned me... but then I remembered... why would she ask me if I could use my Sharingan before throwing the smoke bombs if she was just going to leave me?

My thoughts were interrupted when I started to feel my feet getting wet. Amidst fighting and blocking the reinforcements' attacks I looked down for a second, confused when I saw the whole street was suddenly being flooded by at least 30cm of water. Was this the doing of an enemy water release technique? Because if it was, it meant I needed to be careful... Although with the Sharingan on, I wasn't too worried about it, so I continued with my problem at hand: the bunch of reinforcements that had renewed energy in comparison to the men that had been chasing us all day.

"Kakashi!"(Y/n)'s voice surprised me since I thought she must have been out of the village already.

My head quickly snapped to the direction her voice came and I spotted her now hanging onto a 3-flat-tall electric post with both legs and arms clinging around it while she held a knife in one hand. I frowned even harder, more confused about what she was doing when she started to cut the cables. It didn't even take me a second to catch on. I jumped out of the water immediately, and right after, she managed to cut the cables. 

They fell heavily onto the street, and because it was completely flooded it electrocuted every single one of our attackers. But I couldn't relish in the sight nor catch a breath or think of how brilliant this was from her, as something started to go wrong. The sparks that came from the cables and fell into the water were starting to jump everywhere, and a strong smell of burnt started to fill the place. So I quickly moved my gaze to (Y/n) who was starting to climb down, until, suddenly, there was an explosion right at the top of the electric post, from the box of fuses that was next to (Y/n)'s face, thus sending her flying into a near alley.

I quickly ran towards her, afraid of the explosion but especially about the height she had fallen from. But luckily, she was okay, or well... conscious at least. She had the luck of falling onto a pile of trash but she still seemed to have been hurt. She held her arm stuck to her chest, her bandage and clothes were all torn, burned, and damaged. Even her face had some burns here and there along with an obvious incredible pain that she tried to repress. She tried to stand up but it was obvious that just from trying she was in so much pain, so I quickly rushed to help her, taking her arm around my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" I sounded more worried than I thought I would while I inspected her in more detail.

"I'm fine," she said, bothered and with a frown despite still being obviously hurt "Let's go," she said, trying to shrug me off. But I didn't let her and we finally left this awful village that had caused us nothing but trouble.

"I'm sorry..." I broke the silence after a very long walk, she looked at me with an arched brow "I... this happened because of me... It was my idea to go into the village..." I said, admitting my mistake but unable to actually say the words 'you were right'. 

She didn't say anything though, which made my stomach feel weird. 'Is she mad?' I thought, swallowing. But she ignored me and continued to look at the front, her scowl deepening each time we took a step for it still must have truly hurt.