Chapter 39

Amaro Black

            The drive home seemed to take a longer than usual; I was anxious to talk to my father about the new vampire that was at school today. This was the fifth vampire to show up in town in the last three months; two of them we had already killed before Ali and her father arrived. There had to be a reason behind them all coming to our town and I was hoping that my father and Richard had found an answer as to why they were mysteriously appearing.

It wasn't normal for that many vampires to show up in the same area within such a short period of time. I could understand the last one came for revenge on his brother's death; or at least that's what he had told Ali before he tried to kill her, but what made the others come was the question that I really needed the answer to.

The only thing that was keeping me calm at this point was having Ali next to me; no matter how pissed off I was about the vampire problem just having her by my side put my wolf at ease inside of me. I could tell that she was nervous about the new vampire in town but she had nothing to worry about; I would never let anything happen to her again. I would keep her by my side at all times if I had to in order to make sure that no harm would come to her again.

We pulled up to my house and I was glad to see that Richard was there; hopefully he and my father have been looking for answers. I helped Ali out of the truck and we walked in the house. After calling for my father he called back to let us know they were in his office. We made our way to the office and took our seats in the chairs across from my father's desk; Richard had his chair pulled up next to my father and stacks of paperwork covered the desk.

"Why are you two not at school?" My father questioned once we were seated.

"There's a new vampire in town," I said through gritted teeth; even mentioning the name pissed me off.

"Another one?" Richard said surprised.

"Yeah, he just showed up today. Are you any closer to finding out why they keep coming?" I asked impatiently; I wanted answers so we could get rid of them once and for all.

"We have found some information and it's not good news," my father said looking down at his desk. Shit, it had to be bad if he wasn't even looking at us.

"What is it?" Ali asked surprising me; she hadn't said a word since we left the school.

"It involves your mother," Richard answered looking over at his daughter.

"What about her?" Ali asked.

"Well it turns out that Luna had killed a vampire when she was still part of this pack," my father spoke instead of Richard.

"Ok, that still doesn't explain anything," I said; we killed any vampire that came on our land, why did it matter if Ali's mom had killed one years ago?

"Well it wasn't just any vampire that she killed, it was an ancient vampire; I guess it would be compared to royalty in the vampire world," my father continued making quotation marks with his hands when he said the word royalty.

"So they are out for revenge on our pack?" I asked; already knowing the answer would be yes.

"Not only are they out for revenge on the pack but they want to make sure they get revenge on the family of the one who killed the ancient one; that's why they have been focused on attacking Ali," Richard said as he reached across the desk taking Ali's hand in his.

"What are we going to do?" Ali asked with a shaky voice; I squeezed her leg to reassure her that she would be safe but it didn't seem to do much to comfort her.

"Right now we will have to deal with them as they come but we should be prepared for a war, should it come to that," my father informed us in a calm voice; I felt Ali's body grow stiff under my touch.

"A war?" She almost screamed out.

"Ali everything will be ok, we will keep you safe," I said taking the hand her father wasn't holding in mine and giving it a squeeze.

"Maybe you should go lay down for a while hunny while we figure this all out," her father said stroking the back of her hand; she looked up to me as if waiting to see what I thought.

"I will walk you back to my room," I said standing from my chair. She gave her father a quick hug before walking with me back to my room.

"Amaro do you really think that we will be ok?" She asked once we were in my room.

"I promise you that we will be alright, I will never let anyone hurt you again," I told her pulling her into a tight hug; I felt her warm tears start to soak my shirt as I held her in my arms.

"Will you teach me to fight?" She asked surprising me. I pulled her back to look at her face before speaking.

"You want to learn how to fight?" I questioned her as a smile started to creep across my face; the thought of teaching her how to fight had me excited.

"Well I'm not going to just stand around and wait to be killed, and if you're fighting so am I. I don't care how scared I am; I won't let you fight alone," she said as she wiped the few stray tears from her face.

"Ok baby, I will teach you how to fight," I said pulling her back into a hug.

"Thanks," she replied and I could almost hear the smile on her face through her words.

"Let me go finish up with our dads then we can start training, until then get some rest," I said moving her body over to the bed. I placed a soft kiss to her lips before making my way back to the door.

"I love you Amaro," she said as she pulled the covers over her body.

"I love you too Ali," I told her as I made my way out of the room closing the door behind me.

I spent the next few hours going over the plans that my father had if we did end up going to war with the vampires. We went over attack techniques, territory lines, what fighters we had in the pack, and escape routes if needed. By the time I left his office I was confident that if it did come to a war there would be no chance we would lose. I made my way back to my room to get Ali so that we could start our fight training.

be q�v9�)"