Chapter 28

Amaro Black

            My wolf was bursting with excitement as we chased after Ali; her snide comment about Tadeo being a better teacher had my wolf feeling feisty; the fact that she gave chase only intensified it. It wasn't hard at all for me to catch up with her; I admit she was fast for a new wolf, but I was faster. I caught up to her in seconds and moved to run next to her; it felt nice to just let our wolves be free with each other.

We ran for about an hour before Ali started to slow down; I led her to a nearby stream so we could get a drink. After taking a long drink we collapsed on the grass under the shade of the trees; both of our wolves were exhausted and panting loudly. I looked over to see that Ali had rolled on her back; her chest rising and falling with each heavy pant.

She was going to be sore tomorrow, I wondered if I should warn her or just let her find out; I think letting her find out in the morning would be more fun. We laid there in silence as we both tried to recover from our run. I had never seen Ali as free as she was in her wolf form; I think she was enjoying being a werewolf more than she was putting off.

"So how did you like you're first real run?" I asked once I had my breathing back under control. I looked over to see her wolf roll over and look at me before responding.

"It was amazing!" She said as she rolled back over on her back; yeah she was defiantly enjoying this.

We talked for the next few hours about all the new things she was experiencing as a wolf. I had no idea what it would feel like to only have normal human senses; I was born a wolf so I always had extra abilities. I was actually amazed at the little changes that she had noticed since she had changed. She noticed little things like how she could see dust particles in the air now and how she was starting to be able to distinguish people by their scents; I had never actually thought about not having the ability to do those things, it had to be an amazing experience for her.

"It will be getting dark soon we should get going," I said standing up and stretch; I looked over to see Ali do the same.

"Yeah I'm hungry anyways," she said as she finished stretching; just the thought of food had my stomach growling.

It only took us about ten minutes to get back to her house, we went in and Ali started making dinner. I offered to help her a few times but she insisted on doing it herself. She made us some spaghetti and we ate together in silence; both of us too hungry to stop eating long enough to talk. When we were done we went into the living room and sat on the couch together to watch some TV. Being so close to her on the couch had my wolf on edge; he wanted to be closer to her, the few inches between us just seemed like too much. I looked over to find her looking at me; only to quickly turn away blushing when she noticed I caught her.

"What was that about?" I asked calling her out; she was so cute when she blushed.

"What are you talking about?" She asked playing it cool like she had no idea what I was talking about; I wasn't letting her get away that easy.

"Why did you blush?" I asked; not able to stop myself from running the back of my hand across her cheek, causing her to blush again.

"I don't know you... well... you just make me feel different," she said shyly; if I didn't have extra sensitive hearing I might not have even heard her.

"Different?" I asked pretending I was confused but I knew what she meant. I felt different around her too; she was my mate, it was normal to feel different around each other. We were meant for each other so we were drawn to each other in every way.

"I can't explain it," she said flatly; it was obvious she didn't want to explain.

"Try," I said taking her hand in mine; she looked down at her hand in mine before speaking again.

"Do you feel that?" She asked still looking at our hands; I knew she was referring to the warm tingling feeling that we got every time we touched.

I squeezed her hand lightly causing her to look up at me. I had every intention of explaining the 'mates' thing to her; I was going to tell her everything and explain why she had the feeling she had toward me. That was my plan, that was what I was set on doing; but then I got lost in her green eyes and lost control of my body.

I wrapped my free hand around her waist and pulled her onto my lap. She let out a little yelp of surprise before her eyes met with mine again and a smile spread across her face. I pulled her body closer to mine until our lips were just inches apart. I heard her heart beat pick up before she crushed her lips to mine; her kiss felt fierce and hungry, full of need.

Our lips began to move together and I vaguely noticed her moving her body to straddle mine. I moved my hands to grip onto her hips and she let out a moan as I pulled her body even closer to mine. I moved my lips to trail kisses down her neck and her hands moved to run through my hair; I had to fight hard to keep my wolf from claiming her. Every time my mouth would move over her collarbone I could feel my canines start to extend; begging me to sink into her neck and claim her as mine.

The sound of a call pulling up in the driveway had a growl escaping out of my throat and my hands tightened on Ali's waist. My wolf was not happy about getting interrupted; neither was I for that matter. Ali stopped kissing my neck and pulled back to look at me confused when she heard my growl. It must have pulled her out of what even trance she was in because she then heard the sound of a car door closing and leaped off my lap.

"It's your dad. I should go now it's getting late," I said as I placed a quick soft kiss on her lips; it took a lot for me to be able to just stop there.

"Oh ok," she said quietly looking at the floor; she looked like she was sad that I was leaving.

I couldn't resist; I grabbed her up in a hug pulling her off the ground in the process. I placed another kiss on her lips as I set her back on the ground right as the front door started to open behind us. Ali blushed bright red as she ran her hand through her hair nervously. She shot me a quick smile before walking into the entry way to meet her father.

After saying my goodbyes I phased into my wolf and headed home for the night. I had such a good day with Ali; I had really missed her when she was in that coma, it was nice to have her back. It was also nice to have a day with her that we didn't argue, at least not the whole time; we still had a lot of things to work on together if we planned on getting along for the rest of our lives.

I took a quick shower then threw on some running shorts and jumped into bad. I grabbed my phone off my bedside table to see if I missed any calls; there was nothing, not surprising. I went to put my phone back down but decided instead that I would text Ali.

*Hey it's Amaro, just wanted to say that I had a great time with you today. Except for when you attacked me, but I will let that one slide this time. Sweet dreams. Goodnight Ali. ~Amaro~ I hit send then laid back in bed and waited for sleep to take over my body.

i�v �)p