Chapter 29

Aliyah Staton

After explaining the broken chair in the kitchen and saying a quick goodnight to my dad I rushed upstairs and crawled into bed; so much had happened today with Amaro. I can't believe that we were just making out on the couch downstairs. I really can't believe that he forgave me for attacking him in the kitchen that morning.

I like Amaro when he's being nice, but he can change back to being a jerk within seconds; it's always so hard to get a read on how he's feeling. It was confusing enough to try and sort through my own feelings for him but I had to deal with my wolf's feelings too. She was going crazy inside of me every time we were near him; she wanted him bad; she called him 'mate', whatever that means.

I would have to try to remember to ask Amaro about that later; he seemed to kind of avoid the subject when I brought it up earlier. I looked around at the guest room I was sleeping in and felt lonely; it made me wish that Amaro was there with me. Even though my door and windows had been fixed and my room cleaned back up from that awful night, I still couldn't bring myself to sleep in there yet.

I tossed and turned not able to fall asleep, I just felt so alone and my wolf would not stop whining; it was driving me crazy. I got out of bed and went to look out the window; I was surprised to find two large brown wolves laying down in the back yard. I was sure it was Harlin and Koda; although I had never seen them in wolf form yet, these two were always hanging around Amaro's black wolf so it had to be them.

I went back to bed feeling a little better knowing that I had some security outside; I'm sure that they had been there every night since the attack, but I had never thought to look. I was almost asleep when I heard my phone go off next to my bed; I picked it up to read the message.

*Hey it's Amaro, just wanted to say that I had a great time with you today. Except for when you attacked me, but I will let that one slide this time. Sweet dreams. Goodnight Ali. ~Amaro~

I couldn't help but laugh and smile at the message as I read it. I thought back to when I attacked him in the kitchen; how could I have been so stupid? I really needed to learn how to control my wolf; Amaro was right I couldn't just be getting mad and bursting into a wolf in public. I had one more day before I was supposed to go back to school so I would have to work hard tomorrow on my anger issues. I decided to write Amaro back before I feel asleep.

*I had a great time too. Maybe tomorrow we can work on some of my control issues so that we don't have another repeat of this morning. Goodnight and sweet dreams. ~Ali~ I hit send then pulled up the covers and waited for sleep.

I woke up and stretched the next morning only to cry out in pain when my muscles constricted against the movement.

"Holy crap I'm sore." I mumbled as I painfully rolled myself out of bed.

I pulled on my robe and slowly made my way down each one of the stairs; pain shooting through my legs with each step. I made my way to the medicine cabinet in the kitchen to find my dad sitting at the kitchen table with a confused looked on his face; I ignored him and continued to my goal of pain killers.

"What happened to you?" He finally asked as I wobbled the last few steps to the cabinet.

"Amaro and I went for a run yesterday in wolf form and I'm a little sore," I said bitterly taking two pills out of the bottle and walking towards the fridge. My dad shrugged his shoulders before speaking again.

"Speaking of Amaro, why did you so carelessly attack him yesterday in my kitchen and break my chair?" He asked looking over at the pile of broken wood that I had yet to throw out. I casually popped the two pills in my mouth followed with a swig of water.