Chapter 38

Aliyah Staton

            My father returned a few hours later after having a long talk with Anaru about Amaro and I being mates. He seemed to calm down some but I could still see that he was really pissed about the whole situation; I guess I couldn't really blame him, I would have felt the same way if it were my daughter that mated someone at seventeen.

He asked that Amaro and I stay at Amaro's house if we insisted that we sleep together in the same bed; I begged him to let us stay there but he wasn't having any of it. Amaro took me back to his house with me in the tears the whole time. I felt like I had broken my father's heart by letting Amaro claim me; I felt like things would never be the same between us again and it tore me apart inside.

My father was the only person that had been there for me my entire life; he had been there for me from everything from my first diaper change to my first period. I couldn't bear the thought of not having my father in my life; I needed him now more than ever and I hoped that he would grow to accept the fact that I found a mate.

I cried myself to sleep in Amaro's arms as he tried to sooth me with comforting words. I applaud him for his efforts but the only thing that would stop my crying at that point would have been to be in my father's loving arms. I love Amaro with all my heart, I really do; but there was still a connection that I had with my father that he could never fill, a connection that was only present between a father and their child.

The next morning when I woke up my eyes felt sore and crusty from all the crying the night before. I slid out of bed as carefully as possible trying to not wake Amaro; I successfully got out of bed without waking him and went off to take a shower. When I came back into the room in only a towel Amaro was awake but still lying in bed.

"How are you doing Ali?" He asked sounding concerned as he took in my appearance; the shower hadn't done anything for my red puffy eyes.

"Ok," I lied; my heart was still torn in two from my father's reaction to my mating.

"He will forgive us you just have to give him time, trust me," Amaro said standing up and wrapping his arms around my waist; just the feeling of being wrapped in his arms made me almost forget about being upset, almost but not quite.

"I know he will; it's just so hard to see him that upset with me. He has never been that mad at me before and let me tell you I got myself in a lot of trouble in my teenage years," I said smiling as I remembered all the little things I would do to get in trouble when I was younger.

"I can only image what he had to deal with while you were growing up; your attitude alone would have been enough to drive me insane," he joked as he pulled us both back onto the bed.

"Well I hope you have a good shrink then because you're stuck with me for life," I teased him back before placing a quick kiss on his lips.

He grabbed me by my waist pulling my body on top of his. I was still in just a towel and the only thing separating us from touching skin to skin was his thin boxer shorts. I could feel him growing hard beneath me as he pulled me in for another kiss; this one longer and filled with lust. I reluctantly pushed myself back from him knowing where this was going; we didn't have time for all that right now, no matter how much I wanted.

"You should shower or we will be late for school," I scowled him as I tried to climb off his lap only to be held firmly in place by his hands.

"I wouldn't mind missing school," he said sitting up and pulling me close to his chest. He trailed his lips across my mark causing shivers to run down my spine; I almost forgot that I needed to get away from him before it went too far and we really did miss school.