Chapter 17

Amaro Black

            I held my hand on her lower back as I walked her back to my truck. I couldn't help but touch her; the feelings that rushed through my body when I came in contact with hers were addicting and I couldn't get enough of them. I opened the door for her and once she was in I went to the drivers' side and jumped in. I waited for her to buckle her seatbelt before pulling out of the parking lot.

"Did you have a good night?" I asked glancing over at her.

"Yeah it was fun. Did you?" She asked back.

"Yeah I had an ok time. You never did save that dance for me though," I said frowning at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said looking down at her hands, she looked a little flushed.

"You will just have to make it up to me," I offered trying to lighten the mood again.

"So are you going to tell me why you didn't want me to go to that party?" She asked looking back down at her hands. I know that she wanted answers; it has probably been bugging her since I asked her not to go. An idea came to my head on how I could answer.

"Do you want to make a deal?" I asked, a grin pulling at the corner of my mouth.

"A deal? What do you mean? A deal for what?" She asked confused.

"How about I will tell you why I didn't want you to go to that party if you will go somewhere with me tonight," I said looking over at her waiting for her response. I'm sure she could see the excitement I was trying my best to hold back.

"Deal," She agreed, holding out her hand; I shook her hand quickly before she could change her mind. That was a lot easier than I thought it would be; I thought for sure she would have at least asked questions about where we were going.

I drove past her driveway and took one of the side roads a few miles down the road. I wanted to take her to one of my favorite cliffs that overlooked the city. It was beautiful at night when you could see all the lights of the city. It was like you could experience the beauty of the city but you were surrounded by nothing but nature; instead of car horns and people arguing, you got birds chirping and frogs croaking. I would take the forest over the city any day, but that's not to say that it isn't nice to look at from afar.

I pulled the truck to the side of the road by the trail that led up to the cliff. I walked around to meet Aliyah on her side of the truck and grabbed her hand to start walking up the trail. We were only a few steps in when she stopped.

"We're going up there?" She asked with a nervous look on her face as she scanned the path with her eyes.

"Yeah, it's not as far as it looks," I said encouraging her to follow me.

She looked up the path again then back down at her shoes. Dang, I forgot she was in heels; it wouldn't be an easy climb in those. 'Well that's an easy enough problem to solve,' I thought to myself as I placed one of my arms on her back and the other behind her knees and pulled her body up in my arms. She let out a small shriek of surprise by my action then laughed when I started walking up the path.

"You seriously don't think that you can carry me up this whole path do you?" She asked between laughs.

"Oh I know that won't be a problem. Like I said it's not as far as you think," I said slowly setting her back down on her feet.

She looked around surprised to find that she was already at the top of the cliff. I placed my arm around her back and started walking with her towards the edge of the cliff. We were a good ten feet away from the edge when she froze in place.

"I'm good here," she said looking around nervously.

"No we have to get closer to the edge so that you can see the view of the city," I said trying to pull her forward with me; she didn't move an inch.

"Amaro there is no way I am getting even a step closer to that edge!" She protested as she tried to remove my arm from her waist.

"Fine then dance with me," I said seeing that I wouldn't win that argument; besides I had a different plan to get her to the edge now.

"What?" She asked confused.

"You said at homecoming that you would save a dance for me and I never got it. I want it now," I said holding out my hand to her.

"There's not even music. That would be just awkward," she said just standing there not taking my hand.

'Screw this,' I thought to myself as I grabbed her into my arms and started to sway us back and forth. I thought for sure that she was going to fight me, to try to get away, but she didn't; instead her body began to relax into mine as we swayed back and forth to the nonexistent music. Her head relaxed into my shoulders and I watched as her eyes closed. I slowly moved us closer and closer to the edge without her realizing it. I stopped when we were just about a foot away from the edge, with her back to the cliff. She opened her eyes and starred up at me wondering why we stopped; I couldn't help the smile that played across my lips.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Ready for what?" She looked at me confused.

"I want you to close your eyes and I'm going to dip you, when I tell you to open your eyes," I replied.

I felt her body instantly freeze in my arms, I had a feeling she knew she was close to the edge. I pulled her body in closer to mine and I felt her grip tighten around my neck; I could smell the fear pouring off of her. I figured she had to be scarred of heights, but I couldn't let her miss out on this view.

"Trust me Aliyah," I whispered into her ear; I felt her grip loosen around my neck and her hands moved to grip my arms above my elbows instead.

"If you drop me and I live, I will kick your ass! This better be as good as you say it is," she growled at me before taking a deep breath and closing her eyes.

I slowly lowered her backwards into a dip; her fingers digging into my arms for dear life. I held back a chuckle at the fact she thought that I would drop her. She was like the weight of a feather in my hands, there was no way I was going to let her go. When her body was arched backwards so that her sight would fall on the city I told her to open her eyes.