Chapter 10

Aliyah Staton

"I can't believe It's only Wednesday," I complained to Georgia at the lunch table.

The week seemed like it was dragging by and I couldn't wait for it to be over with; I just wanted it to be the weekend so I could spend a few days relaxing and reading books. My complaint about the week going slow set off Georgia into one of her usual rants. I half listened as I day dreamed about relaxing in the hammock with my little wolf buddy. Silence at the table broke me out of my daze; there was never silence when Georgia was around. I looked up to see her starring over my shoulder a big smile on her face. I looked over my shoulder to be met by deep brown eyes, golden brown hair, and body that looked like it just came from the gym.

"Hi Bobby," Georgia said in an innocent sounding voice. I had heard her use it before when talking to guys she thought were hot.

"Hi Georgia," he replied giving her a quick sexy smile. I watched as a huge smile spread across her face as she basically melted in her seat. Get a grip Georgia I mentally screamed at her. "Are you going to introduce me to your new friend?" He asked looking down at me now.

"Bobby this is Aliyah, Aliyah this is Bobby." Georgia motioned her hand back and forth between us.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Aliyah. Would you like to go join me for a walk?" He asked holding out his hand to help me up from the table; Georgia kicked my foot under the table urging me to take him up on the offer.

"Sure," I said as I stood up on my own, not taking hold of the out reached hand.

"So you're new here right?" He asked as we started walking through the cafeteria.

"Yeah I just moved her this year," I replied.

"You are very beautiful Aliyah." Were the next words to pass through his perfect lips.

"Thanks," Is all I could come up with. I hated it when guys used that line. What were you suppose to say back, 'yeah I know' or 'glad you noticed' it was just all so cheesy.

"So I was thinking maybe we could go out some time." He stopped walking when we were next to the pop machines and away from the lunch crowd.

"Yeah sure, maybe lunch or something." Was he really asking me out when we just met?

"No I mean you should go out with me, make me your boyfriend." He cupped my chin pulling my head up so that my eyes met his.

"Look I don't even know you. Aren't people supposed to get to know each other before they start dating?" I tried to pull my face away but he held it in place.

"Look at me Aliyah." My eyes locked onto his and his hand moved from my chin to my arm. "You want to be my girlfriend." I watched as his pupils dilated then returned to normal.

"No, I don't. Please let go of me!" I said trying to pull my arm away. What was wrong with this guy? He was starting to creep me out; instead of letting go he took my face in his other hand and pulled me up to meet his eyes again.

"You will be my girlfriend," he said his voice stronger now and again his eyes did that weird thing.

"No I won't!" I said back, once again pulling away. I watched as his face turned from serious to confused then back to serious again. I continued to pull away from and when he finally let me go I stumbled back and almost fell when someone caught me from behind. Before I could turn around I was pulled back and now Amaro stood between Bobby and myself.

"Is there a problem here?" Amaro asked his hand still resting protectively on my waist not allowing me to move back between them.

"No problem man, just asking her out on a date." Bobby replied arrogantly.

"More like demanding," I said thinking I was only talking loud enough for myself to hear.

"Stay away from her Bobby, I won't warn you again," Amaro said inching closer to the other man. It was clear that Amaro was bigger than Bobby; I was sure that he could take him in a fight.

"Whatever man," Bobby said before turning and walking away. Amaro turned around and scanned my body like he was looking for evidence that Bobby had hurt me in any way.

"Stay away from him Ali, he's bad news," he stated as he led me back to my table.

I turned around to answer him but he was already gone. Georgia instantly hammered me with questions about what happened. I didn't want to go into details with her so I just said he asked me out and I said no. She wasn't buying the story at all but knew better than to pry. That's one thing that I loved about her, she never pushed me for more information like most girls would. When something happened to her she was all about telling you every tiny little detail, but she never required you to do the same with her. Somehow I think she liked it that way; it always kept the attention focused on her. She quickly changed the subject to talk a party she heard about going on that weekend. There was an old abandoned farm house just outside the city where most of the high school parties were held; she invited me to go with and I told her I would think about it, knowing I would end up going or I would never hear the end of it.

I spent Saturday afternoon relaxing in the front yard reading; my little wolf friend at my side. I thought about naming him a few times but felt it wasn't right because he didn't really belong to me. I had already tried to stop reading twice but each time he would let out a little whine and put his paw on the book begging for more. I was really starting to feel like he actually understood what I was reading to him, but that was impossible right? I closed the book again when I ended the chapter, again he whined and pawed at the book.

"I have to stop reading now, I need to get ready," I said trying not to look into his puppy eyes; they got me every time. He tilted his head to the side as if asking 'ready for what?' This was crazy, having a conversation with a wolf, but I went on with it anyways.

"I'm going to a party tonight at the old farm house. Something you are way too young for so be a good boy and go home." I pointed at the woods as I stood up from the blanket; he licked my hand like he always did before trotting off into the woods.