Blue

After working in the shop all day I was bone tired

After working in the shop all day I was bone tired. I kicked myself because we were so busy that I couldn't make the fire call from earlier. I hate missing a page. My head has been stuck in a 69 Camaro and I had to get done. I'm glad I'm finally home.

It's been a long day. I head for the shower to wash the grease, grime and sweat away. I need a nice cold beer and time to wind down.

Luckily no one's at home so I can relax in peace and finally enjoy some quiet time. After my second beer I get up to grab another, when I hear the clicking sound at the front door. I turn to look as I see Forest and a woman. That in itself was strange. He never brings women home. I take another look and my jaw hits the floor.

"Lannie?" No fucking way! It's been years. I'm swept up in a storm of emotions. I run to her hug her picking her up and swinging her around. They're talking around me but I can't get my mind to focus on any actual words that are forming. All I see is her. The love of my life returns in a heartfelt sweep. Knocking me mindless and dumbfounded.

I hear she was the call out fire from earlier today and she lost her home. Now I truly kick myself for not responding to the call.

Then I think of Denny. His anger toward her and all that has happened in the past.

"What about Denny?" Should of kept my damn shut there. Forest looks aggressively at me.

"Fuck Denny!" Well damn, this just got interesting.

Then Lannie goes off on a spill saying she can get a hotel room. Not gonna happen. She just walked back into our lives; by some miracle and I for one will not let it pass by. I turn to look at her and I remember the moment I fell head over heals in love with her.

———————

"Blue stop! You're going to get me in trouble." She's 14, were at a football game at school. Both of us were under the bleachers. I snuck her out of her house so she could go. She never gets to go anywhere. The schools football team was headed for the state championship and Denny was playing tonight. It broke her heart when her brother told her no; that she couldn't go. So I volunteered to sneak her out and get her back home before her brother could find out.

Im tickling her and her soft drink keeps spilling over. The game hasn't started but the seats are full so we headed behind the bleachers for a shortcut through the crowd.

I backed her up against the back of the bleachers and started tickling her cause she just seemed so sad and I wanted to see her smile.

Then the giggles die down. She looks up at me. Her face alight with humor. Then we go quiet. I look in her eyes. Reach for hips pull her to me and kiss her. A deep wanting kiss. My hand goes to the back of her neck and I pull her closer; deepening the kiss. Our tongues clash and at that second; I fall head over heels in love. But she's young, a bit younger than me and I know I have to wait. So I pull back.