Chapter 16: Knitted

I woke up with a start. I heard Namjoon & JK groaned in annoyance, too, when someone opened the door of Hae-rin's hospital room. I didn't know what time I had fallen asleep.

"Good morning. We have to check on the patient." Two nurses went in and I had to move from Hae-rin's bed to let them do their work.

"I'm hungry." I heard JK whispered to Namjoon.

"I'll ask Hobum-hyung to bring us food." Namjoon answered.

I looked at the time. It's time for breakfast. I feel hungry but I couldn't bring myself to think about food.

"My phone was buzzing the whole night that I have to turn it off. Armys were nonstop." JK shared then went inside the bathroom. I heard the splashing of water.

The door opened again and another nurse went in.

"Excuse me, the police were asking if they can talk to Mr. Seokjin Kim?"

I walked towards her. "I'll head out in a minute."

"The patient is stable. But she has to wake up in the next couple of hours. We'll check in before that." The nurse who was checking on Hae-rin said then headed out of the door with the other nurse.

"Namjoon, can you help me meet the officers?" He nodded. I saw JK coming out of the bathroom. "JK, I'll leave Hae to you. Call if something happens."

"Don't worry hyung, I'll take good care of noona."

When we went out of the room, the police were already walking towards us. We shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.

"The suspect is now awake. She wants to see you." The head of the investigation started. I was taken aback. I looked over at Namjoon whose lips were in thin line.

"Is there a particular reason why she requested that, officer?" Namjoon asked.

"She said she needed to talk to Mr. Kim before she confess." The officer answered.

"Would it help the case if I talk to her and get that confession?" I asked. I don't really want to see the reason why the love of my life is in such condition.

"Not so much. The evidence is quite strong to indict her. Your manager also mentioned about Ms. Lee receiving threats back in Korea. She won't be able to get away from this."

"Then I don't need to see her. Tell her she will not get the satisfaction of me giving a fuck about her. She doesn't exist." I spat.

I saw the officers nodding.

"Alright, we won't keep you. But if you change your mind, just let us know."

"Thanks, officers." Namjoon said before he guided me back to Hae-rin's room. I was seething in anger.

"Hyung, calm down. Just focus your energy on taking care of noona. She needs wake up already." He reminded me.

When we reached the room, we saw JK standing in the corner, looking down, while someone was shouting. I opened the door widely the same time my eyes grew wide when I recognize the man.

"What the hell happened to my daughter, Kim Seokjin?!" Hae-rin's father roared upon seeing me. In the corner of my eye, I saw JK rushed to Namjoon's side.

"Dear, please calm down." My head snapped to the woman who was sitting on the sofa beside Hae-rin's bed, caressing her hair. "You're scaring the kids."

"How could I calm down when my child is lying down on a hospital bed, unconscious?" He thundered. I saw Namjoon & JK backed away a little.