Chapter 14: Perilous

"Don't wait up for me, love. We have plenty to do today and we need to stay in the dorm later." Jin said when he pulled up in front of my apartment building. 

We didn't stay long at his parent's house. We got ready to go home as soon as we woke up. Their schedule was pretty hectic now that they're just days away before they go to the US.

"Alright, love. Eat on time, please. Drink a lot of water. Rest when you can." I reminded him. I will not be able to go with him because of my schedule. They have plenty of activities to do before their concert.  I'll have to make way if I want to be on his birthday since they have to stay in LA for more activities after their concert.

"Yes, love. Don't worry. I'll take care of myself." He smiled at me.

"Alright, message me when you arrive there. Bye. I love you." I said and gave him a quick kiss.

"I love you, too." He answered before I went down the car. I waved at him before I went inside the lobby.

"Hae-rin nim?" The receptionist called out when she saw me.

"Yes?" I went to approach her.

"Someone left you a package." She handed a box as big as a shoebox to me. It looked quite odd. I'm not expecting anything and if I have some orders online, they go straight to my mailbox.

"Do you know who's it from?" The receptionist shook her head.

"I'm sorry but no. They just said it's for you."

"Alright, thank you." I said before going to the elevator. The box felt empty because of how lightweight it was.

Out of curiosity, I opened the box as soon as got inside my apartment. And I was too stunned to move when I saw what's inside.

It was a picture of me & Jin the day before when he fetched me before going to his parents along with a note saying, "Stop seeing Jin or else."

As if on cue, my phone beeped and eyes grew wide when I read the message, "Got my little present, bitch?"

I immediately threw my phone. What in the world?!

I tried to calm myself down. Who the hell is doing this? I thought of calling Jin but immediately decided not to. He doesn't need to worry about things like this.

I chose to ignore the message and put the box in the trash can. I decided to go about my day but my phone kept on ringing with messages like:

"Bitch, you don't deserve Jin."
"Leave Jin alone, he's mine!"
"What did he see in you?! You ugly fart!"

Honestly, it's making me boil in anger. How the hell did she get my number? Who is she? What does she want?

But I'm also starting to get scared. I remember those moments when I felt someone was watching me. They turned out to be real and not because of paranoia.

I acted normal when Jin called whenever he could. But I had to tell Miromi the moment I came to the office the next day. She was shocked at first but recovered quickly & urged me to tell Jin which I fervently expressed my disagreement.

"I knew it! And are you sure? Hae-rin, this is not normal anymore. It's not safe! You don't know how dangerous sasaengs can get!! You have to tell Jin!"

"Miromi, no. They are too busy right now. And they will fly out this week already. They have a lot on their plates right now. Let's handle this for now. Just ask our security department to be on alert and do rounds around the building. I'll request the same to my apartment's admin."

"I'll request you a bodyguard. For all you know, they already know your apartment number!" She reached out for her phone. "We can't risk your safety, Hae-rin."