Chapter 4: Unexpectedly Expected

It's been an hour since I sat on my work room. I couldn't sleep. Seeing Jin and the other boys rattled me completely, honestly. 

Jin was a big part of my youth. We were each other's first of everything. First love, first kiss... We dreamt together & we worked hard to start reaching those.

That summer, after we said our goodbyes at the airport, he promised me that he will visit once in a while. I didn't expect anything. After all, what are the odds right? But I was surprised to see him months after inside our campus, waiting for me. 

"What are you doing here?" We were in constant communication. I felt I've known him better throughout those times. We share our innermost thoughts & worries. I thought every love story starts superficially. But ours...it was profound. 

"I wanted to see you. I've missed you."  I gave him a big hug, not minding the people around us. "I have news for you." 

"Really? What is it?" I asked excitedly. "Come on, let's go to a nearby coffee shop."

After getting our orders, we settled in a corner.  

"I was casted." He started.

"You what?!" I was excited I almost jumped in my seat. "Which company? How? Where? Tell me the full deets!"

"Calm down, Hae-rin." He laughed at my enthusiasm. "I was on my way to school then someone approached me. I checked it out & it's legit. They talked to my parents, too. I'll start the training."

"Wow, niceeee! My chingu is gonna be the next big thing in Korea!" I felt proud. 

"Hold your horses. I might not even debut or something." He sneered.

"Stop doubting yourself. I know you will make it." I said, even giving him a thumbs up.

"Thanks for the boost, love." My eyes grew wide. "I'm your chingu, you're my love. Where's the fairness of it all." 

"Stop it!" I laughed. 

I toured him around the city while he was there. He said it might be for a while before we see each other again. I was okay with that. I was busy with school anyway. I was thinking of studying abroad, too. He supported that plan. Like what I've said, we're reaching our dreams together though we're physically apart.

We became officially together when he went to visit me again. They were given a break & took the opportunity to fly out & see me.  I brought him to Tagaytay & we're sitting, watching the sunset when he asked me the question.

"Hae-rin, will you be my love?" He took my hand and intertwined our fingers. 

"Thought you'd never ask." I smiled, my eyes brimming in tears. 

"I love you, Lee Hae-rin."

"I love you, too, Kim Seok-jin." 

And while the sun was going down, we had our first kiss. 

Our relationship felt easy & steady. Sure, it's challenging when we don't see each other, be with each other. But we trust & love each other enough to let each other grow & achieve our dreams. 

I wanted to a known Architect.  He wanted to be an actor. Though in some trick of the universe, he's training to be a part of an idol group. Nevertheless, we supported each other. 

I flew to Korea to visit him before I headed to England. They were busy, he hardly have enough time to message me sometimes but it was perfect timing when I got there because they were given a quick break before they debut. 

This time, he showed me around. He also introduced me to his team members. That's also the time when JK and I got pretty close. He was such an adorable kid and with lots of potentials. All of the boys were welcoming & we hit it off instantly.