Chapter 3: Now & Then

"I didn't know you are here in Korea. Since when?" Jin broke the awkward silence that's been hovering inside the car. I firmly refused and told him I would just ride a taxi but he insisted that I had no choice but to ride inside his car. I told him it's dangerous, we could be seen, but he just shrugged it off.

"I guess I'm great at keeping things under radar. 'Been here two years ago. Though I traveled a lot."  I answered quietly.

"I see." He said. "It's good to see you." 

He glanced at me briefly & smiled. 

"You, too. Didn't expect to see you in our building."

"We didn't also. We were just briefed that the company is famous right now with the celebrities." He chuckled.

"Ha, so that's our reputation." I laughed. "Well, it just happened. You know how the business was mostly for industrial. When I handled the branch here, it sorta went to that direction. Father's happy, though, that's what's important."

"That is really great, Hae-rin."

"Well, same with you, Mr. World Wide Handsome." I smiled at him.

"Don't start with that. I'm getting shy."

"You're funny. But seriously, you all did great. I might not have seen anything you've done so far, but I heard great news."

"Thank you." He silently answered. The atmosphere went pretty low at this moment. The unspoken truth of what happened hung in the air.

The silence continued until he pulled into your apartment building's driveway.

"We're here." He announced.

"Thank you. How can I get my car?" I asked before going down.

"I already called someone to pick it up & have it repaired.  They said they could give it back tomorrow afternoon. Do you want it to be delivered here or at work?"

"At work, please.  And send me the bill. Thanks and sorry for the trouble. I'll be replacing that car soon, I swear."

"Don't mind the bill. And no worries, it happens."

I didn't further argue and just smiled at him. 

"I'll get going. Again, thanks. Bye." Without looking back, I went outside the car and walked straight to my apartment's lobby. I let out a big sigh once inside the elevator. How wild the day was.

--------

"Thanks for doing this with me."  I said while Jin's walking me back to my hotel. We're done with the island hopping. 

"Of course. Don't you want  to grab lunch first ?" He asked. Just before I answer him,  a voice caught our attention.

"Seokjin-ah. Eodi iss-eoss-eo? Ja meogja." A soft voice said. (Seokjin-ah. Where are you going? Let's eat.)

"Eomma!" So that's his mother. They look like siblings if you ask me. 

"Geunyeoneun nugu-inga?" She asked, walking  towards us. (Who is she?)

"Annyeonghaseyo bu-in." I greeted & bowed. (Hello, ma'am.)

"Annyeonghaseyo!" She smiled at me. "Ne chingu? Jeomsim-e hamkkehaseyo!" (Hello, Is she your friend? Join us for lunch!)

I looked at Jin & he nodded at me. "Gabsida!"

I chuckled. "Chodae haejusyeoseo gamsa haeyo." I bowed at her mother & went with them. (Thank you for inviting me.)