Chapter 10: Crosspaths

I woke up with a start. The doorbell was ringing continuously. Who could it be?

Still sleepy, I headed to my door & looked through my peephole. I was surprised to see Jin.

I immediately opened my door & a worried Seokjin was standing in front of me.

"Thank goodness!" He sighed & hugged me. "You got me worried!"

"W-what? Why? I'm just here?" I asked as we went inside.

"Do you even know what time is it? I've been calling & messaging you since morning and you're not answering. I also asked Miromi's help but we still couldn't contact you."

My eyes flew to the clock and saw that it's past 4pm already. I've been asleep the whole day!

"Ohhh, I overslept! I already fell asleep when you went home last night and I just woke up. Wow!" I went towards the sink & got myself a glass of water. "I'm sorry, Jin. I must have been so tired & jetlagged."

He sighed & sat on the sofa. "It's okay, love. I just got worried. I thought something bad already happened. I overreacted."

"No, Jin, you're not. I'm quite thankful you checked on me. What if, right?" I walked towards him & sat on the sofa too. He put his arm around me.

"Don't start on that, love. I couldn't imagine." He murmured in my hair. I got self-conscious. I just woke up with maybe bad breath. I pulled away from him almost immediately.

"I stink! I'm in bed all day." I supplied when he gave me a questioning look.

"No, love, you smell lovely." He said & pulled me again to hug. "Are you hungry?"

My stomach growled the moment he asked that question.

"I guess you are!" He chuckled. "I'll prepare you something."

"You won't find anything there, Jin. I haven't been able to swing by the grocery, my stocks are depleted." I winced.

"Oh, that's alright." He became thoughtful. "Can you still hold off your hunger?"

I checked myself for a moment & nodded.

"Great! Take a shower. I'll feed you at my home." He declared.

I didn't think twice & headed to the bathroom.

-----------

An hour later I found myself inside Jin's spacious apartment. We're holding hands and he led me straight into his kitchen. He asked me to sit on the stool on his kitchen counter and started taking things out of his refrigerator. I was just there watching him do the magic.

"Just give me half an hour, love. You can get some crackers or anything if you can't handle the hunger any longer, though." He pointed his stash. I went down the stool and tried to look for something to snack on.

"You have a lot of gummies, Jin. You still love these?" I picked a packet and went back to the stool.

"Will never get tired of those, love." He chuckled while chopping onions. I fed him one which he gladly ate.

I didn't get bored waiting for the food. Jin cooked fast and he was entertaining as hell. He told me about his jogging with Jungkook this morning while he's waiting for my reply.

"Wow, Jin! This tastes heavenly!" I said after taking a spoonful of soup that he made.

"I'm glad you like it, Hae." He, too, started eating.

We spent the next moments devouring the food while telling stories here & there. It felt good knowing all of his adventures while we were apart. I was also excited to share with him my experiences abroad--the things I accomplished and more.