Chapter 6: Melted

I was not myself the whole weekend. What Jin said the last time we saw each other made me nervous, anxious and furious. I left him in the parking lot after that. He tried calling me but I turned my phone off.

Who does he think he is? Start over again? Hah! As if.

Come on, Hae-rin. Haven't you thought of that before? Not even once?

Aish. I tried so hard to shush that little teasing voice. 

"Hae-rin,  here's your schedule for the whole week. BTS & their team will be having a meeting today. Our senior architects and engineers are requesting for your presence during the meeting. Are you okay with that?" Miromi started as soon as I sat on my office chair.

"Wow, Miromi. I haven't put down my bag yet, and here you are." I sarcastically smiled. 

"Sorry, pal, we have loads to do." She chuckled, unaffected by my sour mood. "I emailed you this & tried calling you yesterday but your phone's off."

"Yah. Needed the peace & quiet." I said while turning on my computer. 

"So..." Miromi started. I looked at her. "Are you going to tell me how you know BTS and why Jin was here the last time?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"I thought we're busy today?"  I asked, crossing my arms.

"Argh, come on!  Spill the beans! How come I didn't know that you know them? I thought I'm your bestfriend?" She slumped on the chair in front of my table, pouting. 

"Fine, fine." I surrendered. I leaned back and massaged the bridge of my nose before answering. "I've known them way before their debut."

"How?" 

"Jin's my ex." I confessed. 

"Y-your w-what?!" She suddenly stood up. I laughed at her reaction. 

"Is he your bias or what?" I asked.

"No. It's RM, actually. But that's beside the point. How? When? Where? Jin? You? What?!" I continued laughing at her. 

"Oh my gosh, Miromi. You're so funny." I wiped some tears in the corners of my eyes. "What, does it seem impossible?"

"That's not what I meant. I...I was just really--I just can't believe I know someone who's ex with BTS, you know. Surreal." 

"It was a long time ago, Miromi."

"Still! Why you didn't mention this to me?" 

"I mean, there wasn't just a chance, I guess?" I shrugged. "Anyway, what time is the meeting?"

"Why? You're excited to see Jin?" She teased.

"Shut up. I just need to know when to get ready. Can you send me their files?"

"Alright, will send you. I'll go back now to my table. But you still have a lot to tell me!" 

I shook my head & chuckled. 

--------

I didn't notice the time. I was too engrossed in reviewing the proposal for the BTS project that I haven't eaten lunch. 

"Are you ready?" Miromi peered inside. I nodded at her & stood up.  "You didn't eat lunch, aren't you hungry?" 

"I'm fine. I'll eat later in the meeting. Did you tell the cafeteria to prepare snacks?" We started walking towards  the conference room.

"Yes, I did." She briefly answered. True enough, our team and BTS team were already flocking inside the room when we got there. Miromi went ahead of me while my feet stay rooted on where I'm standing when my eyes met his.