Chapter 7: Intertwined

I'm mentally slapping myself. I feel like I've spewed nonsense words when I told him I don't want to be a part of his life, their lives, anymore. Because, look, I'm riding on his car again to grab some dinner. Really, Hae-rin!

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I want to show you this restaurant. It serves the best seiro-mushi!" He excitedly answered. I chuckled a little.

I heard my phone beeped. Checked it and saw Wook's message.

I can see from my peripheral vision that Jin was glancing at me while typing but he didn't dare ask anything

"We're here." He announced as he pulled up in front of a restaurant. He parked the car and opened the door for me.

"Welcome to Ossu Seiromushi. Let's go inside."

"Do you know the owner?" I asked after we settled in a room a staff gave us. "They seem to know you."

Before he can answer, someone popped his head round the door. "They told me you're here with a girl." He said to Jin.

My eyes grew wide when I recognized who the person is. "Oppa!"

"Hae-rin?!" Jin's brother was as surprised as I was. He opened the door wider & went inside the room. "You're with Jin? Why? Are you back together? Since when?"

"Hyung! You're asking too many questions." Jin scratched his nape.

"Is this restaurant yours?" I asked.

"Jin & I owned this."

"Really? Wow! The place is nice!"

"Okay, get out now, hyung. I want a peaceful dinner." Jin pushed his older brother out who was still grinning at me. Jin closed the door behind him.

"You're still funny, you two." I chuckled. "I didn't know you have this. When did it open? Also, is oppa married?"

"We opened this last 2018. And yes, he got married last year. Can you imagine? Someone married the dude."

"You're too harsh, Jin." I said laughing.

We stopped talking when the food came in. The staff explained to me what to expect & all. I enjoyed the dinner & talking with Jin while eating. 

I don't know how we can casually hang out together. It's been 5 years since we broke up. Many wounds had healed but they still hurt sometimes. 

"Thanks for the dinner. It's sooo good. I'll bring Miromi here." I said after we bid goodbye to his brother. "Ahm, you can drop me again at work so I can get my car."

"Okay, but I can just bring you home? I'll pick you up tomorrow and drive you to work?" He carefully suggested.

"That's troublesome for you, Jin. Also, I have blueprints in the car that I need to take home."