dieciséis

That was the last Divorce Meeting that the Separated couple had before the Official Court Date and Session, Discussing everything

That was the last Divorce Meeting that the Separated couple had before the Official Court Date and Session, Discussing everything. Kheumani wasn't worried about that anymore, she didn't want anything from Duke but custody of Dion.

Kheumani drove slowly towards the main entrance gate on her old home, as she rolled down the window pressing the entrance code "0618" the day they got married. She watched as the gate slowly opened seeing his car wasn't here, looking in the backseat at the flat large cardboard boxes she sighed.

Pulling into the large driveway area she turned off her car before getting out and collecting the large cardboard boxes from the backseat, plus tape.

Walking up the stairs Kheumani used her spare key unlocking the door as she walked in feeling a cold breeze, she felt the emotional tension in the house.

Walking upstairs she went inside of Dion's room first, collecting everything her assistant and movers didn't. Truth was that Duke was actually selling the house, that information came from his mother.

Kheumani decided since Dion was in South Carolina with his grandparents since his school had been out for a power outage. She taped the bottom of the large box before opened his dressers seeing that his jeans where still folded neatly, picking them up she placed them inside the box.

Closing the Drawer she moved on to the next which was his shirts, and then his undergarments. Eventually she finished packing the remaining of Dion's things which lead her carrying it downstairs, sitting the Two large boxes at the door.

Kheumani walked back up stairs slowly tired and out of breath from going back and forth with two boxes, She carried the remaining boxes into the room her and Duke shared.

She stared at the room as she stood there, looking at all the memories that where made in the room and how everything felt so fresh. Almost reopening everything and Rebuilding anger.

Packing up her remaining things, she headed towards the bathroom as she seen the CD player on the floor. She laughed in disbelief of what happened that night.

Her laughter was cut short when she heard the door slam lightly making her mentally roll her eyes.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me" She mumbled before walking back into the room she once shared continuing packing.

"Kheumani you here?"Dukes voice boomed through the quite house as she heard loud footsteps.

"Uh yeah" She said walking into the closet packing her heels and tennis shoes in a different box.

The footsteps stopped as Duke stood in the doorway watching as she looked at him before putting the shoes in the box.

"You busy?" He asked.

"What it look like?" Kheumani responded smartly ignoring his presence.

"Even when you think you look junkie, you still fine" he said eyeing her outfit making her look down at her clothes.

Kheumani had on a white tank top muscle shirt and the neck part was cut a little, bottom wide leggings, Eye Glasses, and her curly hair was in a messy ponytail.

She scoffed. "Thanks, but don't flirt with me"

Duke sat on the bed watching as turned around staring at him knowing her was staring back.

"So wassup" He spoke breaking the silence.

"You tell me?" She asked crossing her arms.

"This is tensed"

"Most definitely weird, being around you... I don't know" Kheumani shrugged looking off away from him.

There relationship was a very much grey area and what added more that the court date was coming closer, and there parenting have been cordial and direct. Strictly parenting.

"How you feel about selling the house"

"Excited, to many memories here" She told not bothered by the question.

"typeshit" He mumbled.

"I just came to get everything the movers didn't get and I'll be out. But are you ready for court?" She asked knowing hr didn't want the divorce.

" I don't feel like it's fair"

"Have I not been fair already without any court or lawyers?" She asked squinting her eyes at him.

"I'm not gone let a judge tell us what we need to do"

"So can we say were on the same page as for mediation process, get it approved by courts. So it's pretty easy" Kheumani said as she shrugged once again.

"It hurts" Duke said as Kheumani chuckled.

"What hurts Dontavious?" She asked as he tilted her head trying understand him.

"The whole thing." He said quietly wanting her to fall for his treats, but she wasn't. She KNEW better.

"What whole thing, you have no feelings Dontavious" She scrunched her face giving him that ' bitch what' face.

"Yes I do... you think we can be cool one day?"

"I don't know, maybe yes or maybe hell naw but we can be honest one day." She told him staring into his eyes.

"It doesn't feel good."

"What doesn't feel good Duke?"

"You look hurt" He said as her Expression hardened.

"I am I've you not noticed, I let so much shit slide."
"I gave you change again, and again, and again , and again, and again..and again." Kheumani voice creaked and softened.

"That's how much I loved you Dontavious" She said leaning against the wall, trying her best not to break down.

She scoffed seeing Duke wipe "Fake" Tears away from his eyes wanting her to fall for it and being dramatic.

"But.. I'll be fine"Kheumani said wiping her face leaving them in a awkward position.

Duke stood up from the bed as the distance from the two was appropriate.

"I don't want us hating each other"

"And we won't" Kheumani said looking off knowing she was lying, she was sick of his bullshit been sick of it.

"And if you need anything, and i know you don't but.. let me know okay" He said before leaving out of the room.

Kheumani stood there collecting her thoughts as she quickly moved everything downstairs.

11/15/22

11/15/22