nueve

FLASHBACK

"Duke I ain't gone lie I'm kinda scared" Kheumani told him as she grew anxiousness with the thought of meeting his mother.

"Baby calm down she gone like you, I don't never bring no girl home so this is a first"Duke told her thinking it'll left a little pressure off her shoulders which it didn't.

"Did you say first? Im your first girlfriend that's meeting yo momma?" She asked making him nod.

"Okay that's not stressful at all" She mumbled looking out the window.

"Baby I promise you they gone love you"He said pulling into the apartment complex seeing a lot of people.

"They?" She asked with a confused look on her face.

"As in a cookout?"She asked as he nodded.
"And you didn't tell me! You know I have social anxiety"

"They family baby just this one time, the only person I really want you to meet is my mama that's it fuck everybody else."He said grabbing her hand kissing it.

"And after I can take you to get Ice Cream" He told which made her start cheesing.

"You promise?"

"I promise Ma" He said before kissing her lips.

"Okay I'm ready" She answered quickly which made him laugh.

They both got out the car as she walked beside Duke holding his hand as people greeted him.

"Ayo wassup nigga" A boy with long dreads with a beanie on and gold grills dabbed up Duke.

"Wassup Davo"

"You brought another one to DeeBlock?"Davo asked while pointing at Kheumani laughing.

She frowned her face. Her face expressions tell it all.
"Nah bruh this my girl" Duke said which made Davo stop laughing.

"Awl shit my bad, My name Davo"

"Kheumani" She said with the feeling of embarrassment hit her randomly.

"Aye we'll be back" Duke said as they both started walking away from Davo.

"What he mean another one?" She asked as he ignored her, which made her let go of his hand.

He tried grabbed it again but she moved her hand away which made him mug her.

"Walk up the stairs" He said as she listened.

"Second door on the left" He said as she walked towards the door seeing a couple voices as he knocked on the door.

"Who is it"

"It's Duke Ma" He said as the door opened within seconds.

"Hey baby" Duke's mother greeted him as they hugged each other, Kheumani smiled at the scene.

Duke pulled away from the hug letting his mother see Kheumani.
"Ma I want you to meet my girlfriend Kheumani"

"Hi it's nice to meet you" Kheumani said sticking her hand out as his mother gladly shook her hand.