Monday

"Can we park round the back alley Matt? Is that okay for you to walk?"

"Sayd I'm not a fucking cripple. It's fine I know why. You don't want to be seen and all that."

Wowzers this boys has become a lot mouthier recently. Usually mum or dad would scold him but they've realised with what he's going through he doesn't need the hassle right now. We jump out of the car and walk up the alley, it's Monday. Matt's first day of chemotherapy. It's currently 9am he starts at half nine, sits in a chair for 5 hours and goes home. Mum and dad are meeting me here at around 12 as Mattie wanted time with just me. I'm also off to the coffee shop today to see Ellie. She said she needs to fill me in, whatever that means.

We're at the London Clinic Cancer centre in the centre of London. Due to the cancer now coming back it could be 10x worse so doctors referred us here. As I said this is the centre of London. Good thing I bought my over sized hoodie. I'm practically hiding my face as we walk down the street, and hear Mattie laughing quietly next to me.

"Shut up"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Right just pop yourself down here sweetie" the nurse says as Mattie sits now combing his hair back. He rest his arm on the armchair waiting for the needle to go in, closing his eyes. I look away too, I hate needles. "All done Mattie, give me a shout if you need anything." She smiles at him and he nods as if to say thank you. She walks past us and back to other patients. Matt rests his head on the chair sighing to himself.

I take a seat opposite him "I wonder what Jamie's doing right now." Jamie's always been the loud one of the two, I was the result of this to be fair. As soon as everyone knew I was entering formula one everyone was begging to be his and Mattie's friends. However, Mattie didn't seem to connect with them very well, he was and still is very quiet and stand off- ish. His social skills are bad due to being off of school for so long and he hates anyone getting too close to him incase you know...

"He's probably shagging some girl or something." He pipes up. "Oi don't say that about your brother Mattie!" I slap him on the leg, laughing whilst also shocked. "What? It's true, Jamie is a total womaniser, just like you are, well a "maniser"." He smirks at me. Obviously he's seen the fucking tabloids. I go to open my mouth when he cuts in before me, "And I blocked your name from mum and dads computer, they have no idea about Norris or Leclerc."

Relief rushes over me. They're only people I'm worried about finding out. "Oh thank god. Thanks so much Matt." He smiles at me.

"But what's your deal with them anyway? Personally if I was you I'd go for Charles."

"Hmm Charles huh? He's a total show boating, ignorant twat Mattie." Why am I getting annoyed over him when he's not even here. Obviously I'm still annoyed about everything that happened when I was away.